BPI as of FEB 1st will raise their fees for exam and yearly renewals to $ 250.00, and field exams to

$ 500.00. A bit tooo much?  Any comments?

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It'll make me think twice about renewing my cert. I only deal with one entity that asks for BPI certification, and they may have to give me an exception if they want my services after my initial three years is up.

Same here, It appears they are only in it for the money. Do they now require yearly fees?With more than 30,000 exams administered this year and over 1,300 proctors and growing in the network, BPI needs to provide additional oversight to ensure proctoring services are consistent and fair across the nation. Toward this end, BPI will begin implementing quality assurance measures associated with the administration of its exams on February 1st, 2012. Now that's the business to be in

Maine originally issued their own certification and then decided to be more uniform and went to BPI.  That had just started when they decided to move the training under the network of community colleges.  Because of the shift the old training program was shut down, but the new wasn't ready, so they backed up and re-certified everyone for a year while they sorted everything out.  NOW, I wonder if they are rethinking the shift to BPI, as the vast majority of energy auditors in our state work for the state programs, which will have to pick up those new BPI costs.  This is mostly my speculation from the correspondence I have received, but it will be interesting to see if they shift and simply create their own certification again.

As it currently stands up here, I have to meet the states certification requirements or stop practicing energy work, so if they go with BPI I have to pay of seek other employment. What a piece of bull.  Oh, and I also have to get gas certified and oil certified and although they are virtually identical for what we do, they stated we need to pay for both because they need the revenues, as per my instructor.

Bud

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconWes Anderson, Jean-Paul and Bryan joined Home Energy Pros
8 hours ago
Dennis Heidner commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting
"Dale, good write up. For the landscaping bulbs,  if they had been T3 12V wedge bulbs,  I…"
yesterday
Brett Little commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"It's very true! So many people and contractors have tons of insulated attics but no air seal…"
yesterday
Chris Leach replied to Richard Beyer's discussion "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"
"The problems will surface soon enough . Why don't we take a second look at this over rated…"
yesterday
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
yesterday
tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?
"Want to spot a simpleton? It's a guy who thinks EE and comfort are disconnected.  Want…"
yesterday
tedkidd commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"Nice post Tom! I really like how he puts that. Leveraging interests so they can optimize…"
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"As a contractor in the region - we frequently wonder how/why you can be a non-profit?  Oregon…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service