All Discussions Tagged 'insulation' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heat Loss Calculation

I want to discuss about the heat loss calculation that why we need to calculate heat loss? According to me - The heat loss calculation is…

Started by Anie

0 Jul 2

Concrete floor insulation details

Greetings everyone!     I was hoping I could get some feedback with a building I am working on. The existing concrete was a 3 inch "homeow…

Started by Luis Hernandez

2 Jun 24
Reply by Hal Skinner

Best practice recommendations for this vaulted ceiling?

Hello energy pros, Some relatives of mine recently purchased this 1917 house in Northern California and, as the family member who does "th…

Started by Griffin Hagle

12 Apr 14
Reply by Griffin Hagle

Insulation Blower Recommendations?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a residential insulation blower?  We currently use an InsulMaxx 5000, and we've been pretty happy,…

Started by Jim Conlon

0 Apr 10

Insulating with *Updated* (an oxymoron, right!) knob and tube wiring

Hi everyone, I live in New York State and haven't been able to find good information on whether or not we can get our house insulated.  I'…

Started by Ethan Bodnaruk

8 Mar 29
Reply by Ethan Bodnaruk

Call for presenters...Illinois Better Buildings: Better Business Conference

December 10-11, 2013 near Chicago O’Hare Stay up-to-date on residential, multifamily and small commercial building best practices, expand y…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 May 1, 2013

Frozen Pipes on Interior Wall

On a recent quality assurance site inspection I found a situation where pipes froze and burst within an interior wall. Here is the story:…

Started by Nick Helmholdt

7 Mar 14, 2013
Reply by Michael Jensen

Polyiso, roxul & reflective insulation combination

I am working on solutions for a cathedral type ceiling rehab project in a century home in Northern Ohio. The challenge is that there is lim…

Started by Daniel W

11 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Daniel W

Empirical evidence that missing refrigerant suction line insulation decreases efficiency therefore increasing energy costs.

Does anyone have any access to actual dollar figures for the cost of missing/ torn/ broken refrigerant suction line insulation?   For the…

Started by Michael Matthews

4 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Michael Matthews

Nailbase insulation vs. 2 layers of tuff-r with staggered seams

We are going to be rehabbing a home in CT in which the third floor is part of the living space. We want to get the insulation level up by…

Started by Stephen Pelton

2 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Robert H

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, one thing that jumped out to me is how the duct sealing was largely paid for by rebates, yet…"
22 minutes ago
David Eggleton commented on David Eggleton's group Considering Permaculture &/or Transition
"Here's a new way to set up a lot of permablitzes in a few weeks.I hope to be among the…"
1 hour ago
David Eggleton commented on David Eggleton's group Considering Permaculture &/or Transition
"testing"
1 hour ago
Profile IconJohn Kane, Bobby Hight, Kathleen Del Sesto and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
David Eggleton posted a status
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner replied to Richard Beyer's discussion Spontaneous Combustion and Flash Fire regarding Spray Foam Insulation
"Richard, here is something else that might be pertinent. In my hundreds of conversations with our…"
yesterday
Trip posted a discussion

Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...

I am considering starting a home weatherization business. (I live in Southeast Alabama)  Currently…See More
yesterday
Jim Gunshinan commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"To all, one thing I don't lack is advice from the experts! Thanks for the input, challenges,…"
yesterday
tedkidd commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, I'm glad you are open, that's great!  We all learn best when we are open! The…"
yesterday
David Eakin commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Well, as the editor of Home Energy you should already know that the order of remediation is…"
yesterday
Greg Labbe posted a blog post

Technical Tape Desecration

Lets face it – building science is pushing the performance of adhesive tapes to a new levels and…See More
yesterday
Stacy Hunt posted an event

High Performance Enclosure Strategies: Part II, New Construction at Online

August 13, 2014 from 1pm to 2:30pm
Please join the Building America Program for our free webinar: High Performance Enclosure…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service