All Discussions Tagged 'duct' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Commercial duct testing

Hello all, I am a BPI BA, HERS rater and QC inspector. I cant find a ton of information on this topic and I wanted to see what others had t…

Started by Shaun

11 Jun 24
Reply by Glen Gallo

How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

Some claim that modern furnaces have minimized off cycle losses to the point they no longer matter. Oversizing has become a comfort issue r…

Started by Bob Blanchette

12 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by Bradford E. White

Think of the house as a really big duct

There is an article in the June 9 issue of ACHR News magazine that might help a lot people understand why the house is really part of the d…

Started by Frank Spevak

0 Jun 13, 2014

Air Source Heat pump or mini-split efficiency

Greetings everyone!     I have a technical questions I hope I could get some feedback! I understood that air source heat pumps are very ef…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

Duct Cleaning? Good value or a waste of money?

I have lots of my auditing customers who ask me about duct cleaning, and if they should do it.  It seems like the only way to get them real…

Started by Gordon Smith

21 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Robert H

Section 403.2.2 of the 2009 IECC

We've received a lot of calls of (panicked) HVAC contractors on this new code requiring duct leakage testing. Can anyone shed some light on…

Started by Krista & Matt

11 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

So have you experienced the New TEC Trainer?

Just curious if any trainers/students have experienced the new TEC Trainer form The Energy Conservatory.  If so, we'd loved to hear feedbac…

Started by Krista & Matt

0 Jan 26, 2012

Duct testing in a conditioned crawlspace

Concerning duct testing in crawlspaces (this is for new houses for Energy Star, but will be the same for existing houses):I have a house on…

Started by Ed Minch

13 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Daniel Morrison replied to John Nicholas's discussion Slab Edge Insulation - A Side Thread to Melissa's Question
"John, I just collaborated with Steve Baczek on a few videos for ProTradeCraft about slab insulation…"
7 hours ago
Profile IconMichael Sumpter and Bill Gartner joined Home Energy Pros
22 hours ago
Malcolm Jackson joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
yesterday
Amber Vignieri liked tedkidd's discussion What if more efficient homes were actually worth more?
yesterday
Amber Vignieri posted a blog post
yesterday
Eric Kjelshus replied to Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker's discussion Indoor Air Quality Monitors and Meters
"I have been using air advice for 5 yr or so - I end up with a report in 35 min I can e-mail or show…"
yesterday
Profile IconShane Matteson, Jay Cooper and Mike Harris joined Home Energy Pros
Thursday
Kim Burnett commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Home Energy Pros on Twitter
"Good morning, would you please add me. Thank you. Kim Burnett A+ Abundant Energy Experts"
Thursday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service