All Discussions Tagged 'duct' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Think of the house as a really big duct

There is an article in the June 9 issue of ACHR News magazine that might help a lot people understand why the house is really part of the d…

Started by Frank Spevak

0 Jun 13

Air Source Heat pump or mini-split efficiency

Greetings everyone!     I have a technical questions I hope I could get some feedback! I understood that air source heat pumps are very ef…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Apr 30
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

Duct Cleaning? Good value or a waste of money?

I have lots of my auditing customers who ask me about duct cleaning, and if they should do it.  It seems like the only way to get them real…

Started by Gordon Smith

21 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Robert H

Section 403.2.2 of the 2009 IECC

We've received a lot of calls of (panicked) HVAC contractors on this new code requiring duct leakage testing. Can anyone shed some light on…

Started by Tracy & Matt

11 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

So have you experienced the New TEC Trainer?

Just curious if any trainers/students have experienced the new TEC Trainer form The Energy Conservatory.  If so, we'd loved to hear feedbac…

Started by Tracy & Matt

0 Jan 26, 2012

Duct testing in a conditioned crawlspace

Concerning duct testing in crawlspaces (this is for new houses for Energy Star, but will be the same for existing houses):I have a house on…

Started by Ed Minch

13 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
8 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
13 hours ago
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
17 hours ago
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
17 hours ago
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
19 hours ago
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
20 hours ago
Marie Fuentes is now a member of Home Energy Pros
20 hours ago
peter chang replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Good plan, thanks. That looks pretty much like how I used to program mine (when I had one). Maybe…"
20 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service