All Discussions Tagged 'air' (9)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Air Source Heat pump or mini-split efficiency

Greetings everyone!     I have a technical questions I hope I could get some feedback! I understood that air source heat pumps are very ef…

Started by Luis Hernandez

1 Apr 30
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

Hi everyone,     A couple of my colleagues were discussing the benefits of air sealing, when I was asked if I could quantify the actual va…

Started by Luis Hernandez

23 Feb 1
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

Hot air language

One of the objectives of my many discussions on "why hot air rises" has been to change the way we describe that process.  The reason I beli…

Started by Bud Poll

14 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

Cooling His Room With a Big Refrigerator - What is Wrong with That?

It was very hot this July 4th for Peter when his room AC broke down.  Nothing taste better than a cold beer from the refrigerator.  …

Started by Perry Ning

5 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Perry Ning

Boxing and Insulating Around Non-ICAT Cans

I have a client with 16) 4" halogen recessed light fixtures in the attic. I'd like to cover the cans with air tight, fire rated boxes. The…

Started by Bachi Brunato

9 May 31, 2013
Reply by peter chang

Misting Aeroseal in Pressurized Home = Amazing Air Sealing Innovation

As a training program manager for a non-profit, I am often too busy managing my program to catch all of the latest and coolest innovations…

Started by George Kopf

0 May 24, 2013

New furnace causing interference with AM radio?

I just wrapped up a quality assurance site inspection where I heard something unusual. The homeowner had a new furnace & central air co…

Started by Nick Helmholdt

9 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Nick Helmholdt

Tired of climbing ladders and reaching to find air leaks during blower door test I have a solution!!!

Yes, a thermal image camera is a good way, but a better way to instantly see the leak and the cfm amount of the leak-- try using the Alnor…

Started by Damien Herold

17 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Damien Herold

Facts about can lighting energy consumption

I've been searching the web, including sites dedicated to energy efficiency in residential building, and I cannot find substantiated facts…

Started by William E. Beaver

3 Mar 17, 2011
Reply by William E. Beaver

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
6 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
7 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
15 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
15 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
15 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
16 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
16 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service