All Discussions Tagged 'HVAC' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UV lights on filters

I recently saw UV bulb installations in 2 HVAC systems in a home. Each system had the Lennox Healthy Climate filter box that has 2 UV-A bul…

Started by Howard Katzman

1 Jul 21
Reply by Richard Beyer

BPI Works with NATE and NORA to Expand Accreditation Options for the HVAC Contractor

Calling all HVAC contractors! BPI is working with NATE and NORA to expand accreditation options for HVAC contracting companies. BPI has es…

Started by Cierra Mooney

2 Jun 23
Reply by Air Track Inc

Think of the house as a really big duct

There is an article in the June 9 issue of ACHR News magazine that might help a lot people understand why the house is really part of the d…

Started by Frank Spevak

0 Jun 13

Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

I'll soon be working on converting a second floor of a residential building that was never finished and is being used as an attic for the…

Started by scottscontracting

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

Check it out! The video every HVAC contractor should see.

Here’s an inside look at incorporating home performance into your HVAC business from two of the industry's leading contractors. Learn how s…

Started by Mike Kandel

0 Sep 3, 2013

Know Your House Facts

Faced with Home Manager retirement, what should a homeowner do? Know your House Facts.  By design, “Variable Air Volume” is the foundation…

Started by Gary LaForge

4 Sep 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

Selecting a Water Heater

I am looking at updating the heating and water heating systems in a rental home I recently purchased.  Currently, there is a 4 year old Bur…

Started by Johnny Ritzo

15 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Joe Romero

Call for presenters...Illinois Better Buildings: Better Business Conference

December 10-11, 2013 near Chicago O’Hare Stay up-to-date on residential, multifamily and small commercial building best practices, expand y…

Started by Anna Svensson

0 May 1, 2013

BPI Issues Open Call for Volunteers to Serve on its Whole House HVAC Quality Maintenance Certification Scheme Committee

The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) seeks volunteers to serve on a scheme committee for its Whole House HVAC Quality Maintenance…

Started by Mike Kandel

2 Jan 11, 2013
Reply by Mike Kandel

Which one is better? Hi-Velocity vs traditional Forced Air sol'ns for the home

I am guessing this topic has come up before however I am hoping some HVAC folks out there would help me understand the advantages and dis-a…

Started by g.domenico

3 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"Right, that reinforces my understanding of how it works, I was after what to plug in for values in…"
12 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"Products like these dont have an R-rating. You still have to have the R-rated insulation to meet…"
58 minutes ago
Graham Irwin replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Thanks for the input. The next question to ask is "how much cooling power is delivered in each…"
1 hour ago
Brandon Walton commented on Brandon Walton's blog post 12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck
"Totally off topic William, but yeah could use a bit more I suppose "
1 hour ago
William H Nickerson commented on Brandon Walton's blog post 12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck
"One more thing...you need a little more bend in that cap"
2 hours ago
Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"Sounds like the perfect, thin insulator adding enough thermal inertia to separate two masses and/or…"
3 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Rooftop A/C units and exposed ductwork in the group Radiant Control Coatings
"OK Tom, I think I am on the last questionow,,,I think.  LOL Going under the building and…"
4 hours ago
"Tom, sorry for having to break this up but my responses I guess are too long. You talking about the…"
4 hours ago
" "
6 hours ago
"I guess I got too mlong winded ther, it cut me off. 1.  Spray the coating on the ducts, plenum…"
6 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Jan, Here are some facts. the 30 inch fan from Home Depot (not one I would recommend) is rated at…"
6 hours ago
"Hi Tom. It looks like I will have to start off most of my answers to questions with this…"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service