Robert D York Jr's Discussions (12)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"I have been involved in insulation and weatherization for 28 years. I do it every da…"

Robert D York Jr replied Jan 1 to Building Analyst Certification Upgrade

8 Jan 3
Reply by tedkidd

"You could then drill a 1 inch hole thru the soffit and fill the open end of the floo…"

Robert D York Jr replied Dec 21, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"Have done a few of these in my time. Not easy, but can be done. I have taken 2 rows…"

Robert D York Jr replied Dec 21, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"You didn't mention what color the roof shingles are. Going with a light colored roof…"

Robert D York Jr replied May 11, 2013 to Hot Upper Stories

17 May 23, 2013
Reply by Stan Kuhn

"Try log cabin chinking."

Robert D York Jr replied Apr 18, 2013 to HELP - AIR SEALING a Continuous Stone Interior/ Exterior Wall

14 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Robert D York Jr

"I have used different models throughout the years. Love 'em. They can be cut to any…"

Robert D York Jr replied Feb 24, 2013 to installing automatic door sweeps

5 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Colin Choney

"The only part of the puzzle that you are missing is that the attic space above the i…"

Robert D York Jr replied Jan 13, 2013 to Roof Air Vents Above Bend Oregon Garage Attic

11 Jan 13, 2013

"John, In reply to your questions.... Where does one draw the line on R value in an a…"

Robert D York Jr replied Jan 12, 2013 to Roof Air Vents Above Bend Oregon Garage Attic

11 Jan 13, 2013

"Closing your vents, even temporarily, does not solve your problem of heat loss into…"

Robert D York Jr replied Jan 12, 2013 to Roof Air Vents Above Bend Oregon Garage Attic

11 Jan 13, 2013

" Remove the shingles, drill a row of holes and use an 1 1/2 blowing tube to dense pa…"

Robert D York Jr replied Jan 7, 2013 to Retrofit insulation on the roof over cathedral ceiling

24 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

j. west shared Christopher Morin's blog post on Facebook
4 hours ago
j. west commented on Christopher Morin's blog post UPDATED: Big Changes for Duct Testing in MA
"You're right Christopher- the trick to saving the profit margin is being in several places at…"
4 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Nice posts Steven and Eric.   Scale on my combi is a recurring problem.  Attaching…"
5 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"I find the tank less hot water lime up.   I have a condensate pump that I pump white vinegar…"
5 hours ago
Trip Smith joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
6 hours ago
Trip Smith joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
7 hours ago
Trip Smith commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Facebook Pages
"Just went through the first few pages liking the active Facebook pages. I've found that…"
7 hours ago
Trip Smith joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service