James White's Discussions (58)

Discussions Replied To (34) Replies Latest Activity

"Shari and Dave Jacoby have used a masonry stove to successfully heat their 2,000 squ…"

James White replied Jan 7, 2013 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Srefan, My daughter and I were very entertained by the time lapse movie you put togt…"

James White replied Jan 2, 2013 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"I found out that the above stove designs are of Russian origin, but they are located…"

James White replied Dec 29, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"The most common one we hear is HVAC contractors telling customers to turn their heat…"

James White replied Dec 27, 2012 to Best Energy Myths

40 Dec 27, 2012
Reply by Nehemiah Stone

"Here's a link to the photo gallery from The Masonry Heater Association of North Amer…"

James White replied Dec 26, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Thank you your response Jim.  The radiant home I've seen often open the window to re…"

James White replied Dec 22, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Here are some more photos of modern Russian fireplaces with built-in ovens and stove…"

James White replied Dec 22, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"I'm surprised that you say that masonry stoves or radiant floors work best in poorly…"

James White replied Dec 20, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"The first photo originally said 17,000 square feet.  I changed the wording to 1,700…"

James White replied Dec 7, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

"Here are some photos of some of my favorite Russian fireplace/ovens. This furnace…"

James White replied Dec 7, 2012 to Russian Wood Stoves (Masonry Stoves)

33 May 9, 2013
Reply by Jeena Smith

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Nate Adams joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
32 minutes ago
tedkidd commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Hall of Shame
"Give this thread a bump - here's my "bad" album and some of the…"
1 hour ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"6) Radiant barrier- under the gravel is just a barrier but with holes each square inch its not a…"
1 hour ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"It is very common to find equipment grossly oversized. I mean 1.5 - 2x Manual J and 2-3x the size…"
1 hour ago
tedkidd replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Basic Heat loss information in the group TREAT Software
"Luis,  Click "selected reports, energy savings and use, design heating and cooling…"
1 hour ago
Ed Minch replied to Kurt Shafer's discussion Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?
"The important thing here is the surface temperature of the ceiling against the attic as compared to…"
1 hour ago
Profile IconSharon DeRidder, Jason Hiep, Chris Chmiel and 4 more joined Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago
John Watson Ley replied to Luis Hernandez's discussion Distribution Efficiency and heating safety factor in TREAT in the group TREAT Software
"Luis, Good Evening, John of NY Construction Pros here. I don't think you need to worry about…"
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service