Chris Stratton's Discussions (20)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"Thanks for the clarification, Graham, about the absence of a vented hood being the p…"

Chris Stratton replied May 1 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"George, Recirculating range hoods are in fact in violation of CA state code, but I'v…"

Chris Stratton replied May 1 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"I second Paul's suggestion to use a duct tester and a cardboard box to measure the r…"

Chris Stratton replied Oct 18, 2013 to Range Hood Draft

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

"This is really helpful, Sean.  Thanks for your input.  And please, nit-pick away!   "

Chris Stratton replied Oct 2, 2013 to Does adding drill-and-fill insulation to uninsulated exterior walls without re-cladding lead to moisture issues in the wall cavities?

6 Oct 4, 2013
Reply by Jesse Erbel

"Very few if any microwave range hoods are HVI tested, so you will likely not find an…"

Chris Stratton replied Sep 27, 2013 to Range Hood Draft

22 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by Roman

"Sounds like a bit of collaborative curriculum development may be in order. Thank yo…"

Chris Stratton replied Jan 17, 2013 to ASHRAE 62.2.2010 and the $20 app

35 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Peck

"Hello Hope, I'm from Kentucky and have many FB friends living there.  I'll post this…"

Chris Stratton replied Oct 11, 2012 to Looking for BPI professionals in Kentucky

1 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Chris Stratton

"And now, here"

Chris Stratton replied Aug 7, 2012 to Controversial? The Rebound Effect?

10 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Richard Scott Mills

"As long as we're talking about "the big picture" with respect to energy use... Irres…"

Chris Stratton replied Jul 23, 2012 to Controversial? The Rebound Effect?

10 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Richard Scott Mills

"Knob and Tube Wiring Knob and Tube electrical wiring was installed in homes until th…"

Chris Stratton replied Mar 2, 2012 to Knob and tube

9 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Chris Stratton

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"For self-heating homes I'm using an insulation board under the joists to be able to use that…"
1 hour ago
Kevin Jordan shared a profile on Facebook
1 hour ago
Profile IconWhitney Cooper and Mike Burton joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
1 hour ago
Kurt Shafer posted a discussion

Where can I find the best radiant barrier to install under my roof?

As home energy professionals, we all need to know the best way to prevent attics from overheating…See More
1 hour ago
Kurt Shafer posted a status
"What is the best radiant barrier for my roof built in 2000 in Temecula CA?"
1 hour ago
Profile IconSteve Mohler, Victor Couto, Melvin Calahan and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
2 hours ago
Aaren Stewart posted a discussion

HVAC - Cooling and Heating Load Reduction

Common load reduction strategies include:      Tightening your building covering and adding…See More
5 hours ago
Kevin Jordan posted a photo
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service