Curt Kinder's Discussions (106)

Discussions Replied To (99) Replies Latest Activity

"When one of our 50 or so CFLs dies, which seems to be about once per month, I drop i…"

Curt Kinder replied Dec 5, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

"I don't specifically disagree with any of those points...all that said, though, 2700…"

Curt Kinder replied Dec 4, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

"Our house is 99% CFL - sole exceptions are refrigerator and oven interior lamps. We…"

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

"Here's help: If I operate a 50 cent 60 Watt bulb 2 hours per day at $0.12 / kwh I sp…"

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

"There is no doubt that LEDs enjoy clear advantages over CFLs, as has been written he…"

Curt Kinder replied Dec 1, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom Delconte

"Beware cheap smoke machines - may leave an oily film. That may not be a concern for…"

Curt Kinder replied Nov 25, 2012 to HERS testing

6 Nov 25, 2012
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Smoke and blow. After you clear your mind of whatever mental image that conjures, fi…"

Curt Kinder replied Nov 20, 2012 to HERS testing

6 Nov 25, 2012
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Great Info - thanks so much! 48 db is less than the 55db level specified for GE, and…"

Curt Kinder replied Nov 17, 2012 to AirGenerate Heat Pump Water Heaters - any experience?

5 Nov 20, 2012
Reply by John C. Semmelhack

"I appreciate the extra set of eyes on this one - I just don't want to incorporate ex…"

Curt Kinder replied Nov 9, 2012 to Vampire load surprise - garage door openers

90 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Thanks, but alas not so easy - door opener receptacles in ceiling hardwired back to…"

Curt Kinder replied Nov 9, 2012 to Vampire load surprise - garage door openers

90 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker posted a blog post

Phoenix 3rd Quarter Solar Resale Statistics Continue to Impress

Phoenix solar home sales were up during the third quarter of 2014, including the resale of homes…See More
12 hours ago
Everblue posted a status
"Green job alert! Energy Auditor in Baltimore, MD with Advanced Green Home Solutions. Check it out: http://bit.ly/1xhQuXO"
13 hours ago
Chris Clay replied to Isaiah Borel's discussion Blown Cellulose VS Blown Fiberglass in the Attic
"The Cold Climate Housing Research Center in Fairbanks, AK has alot of information about this…"
13 hours ago
Richard L. Sanderson replied to Bud Poll's discussion Inconsistant Local Authority
"Bud: I like the idea of a third party review board. My own experience in local government is that…"
21 hours ago
Matthew Lutz commented on Kaplan Clean Tech's blog post The Difference Between Home Inspection and Energy Auditing [Infographic]
"I would have to agree with Steve on this.  I am a Certified Energy Manager and have performed…"
yesterday
Matthew Lutz joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
yesterday
Matthew Lutz replied to Kari Sauder's discussion Easy Water Heater Venting in the group Hall of Shame
"I have been in the HVAC trade since 1986. I have recently completed a Home or Real Estate…"
yesterday
Susan E. Buchan posted an event

EEBA Houses That Work at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

November 3, 2014 from 8am to 4:30pm
Registration: 8:00 amSession: 8:30 am to 4:30 pmWorkshop Covers:Introduction to EEBA and its…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service