John Nicholas's Discussions (131)

Discussions Replied To (54) Replies Latest Activity

"The Nest is a great thermostat. The price is good and Honeywell wants to charge a lo…"

John Nicholas replied Jul 5, 2012 to The Nest Learning Thermostat - Good or Not So Much?

62 Aug 17, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"In my experience if there is shell leakage of concern to the auditor, and the total…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 16, 2012 to Leakage to outside on ducts fully within the envelope

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Total Duct Leakage is important.  Leakage to outside is important.  They do have a r…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 16, 2012 to Leakage to outside on ducts fully within the envelope

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Bob, The issue is not the product. The issue is the installation.  I've seen holes…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 22, 2012 to Section 403.2.2 of the 2009 IECC

11 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Tamasin,  Thanks for the pointer.  Good info on the control methods (timers) for fan…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 5, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Following ASHRAE 62-2-2010 is relatively simple.  In my view the continued teaching…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 30, 2011 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"How effective is the venting on the dryer, bath and kitchen vents?  Do they effectiv…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 27, 2011 to Frost on Inside of garage walls

6 Oct 27, 2011
Reply by Hal Skinner

"If he is pushing on the leakage point, what is he using for the other inputs?  I fin…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 22, 2011 to Manual J Report

29 Jan 14, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"There is an app for that. It is Free.  Ala mode software, used to be called Di Vinci…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 22, 2011 to Portable Drawing method

6 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Thomas Price

"What about the Dominant Side Duct Leakage Test? When you set your BD up; you run a r…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 31, 2011 to Needed: Tips and tricks for duct testing

12 Nov 3, 2011
Reply by Andre D.

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"The landlords don't want the improvements done even if they don't have to pay for it?…"
5 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
6 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Hi Bob, The tenants all say they cant do anything to the building.  We would get referred…"
7 hours ago
Tom White commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"Ben's Kickstarter documentary, The Future of Housing, was fully funded. The grand premiere…"
16 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?"
16 hours ago
peter chang's discussion was featured

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
16 hours ago
Tom White posted a video

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?" His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers ... (Filmed at TEDxPugetSound.)
16 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a photo
21 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service