John Nicholas's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (65) Replies Latest Activity

"Bud,  Don't sweat any research on attic heights etc.  It has already been done.  Wil…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 25, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"An ASHP makes all sorts of economic sense.  I installed one at my home and had a sig…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 22, 2013 to Air Source Heat Pumps Question from Colorado

6 Apr 25, 2013
Reply by Jose Macho

"Depends on the home and what problems you are trying to solve. Existing homes you ca…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 28, 2013 to Affordable, effective and easy to install HRV?

7 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by John Nicholas

"Most homes in this area have full conditioned basements.  They are finished and used…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 27, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"REM allows you to estimate the length of supply and return duct based on the size of…"

John Nicholas replied Feb 15, 2013 to Sources for duct insulation savings

7 Feb 15, 2013
Reply by John Nicholas

"Indoor air quality starts with a lot of things!  The last item you do is filter.  Wh…"

John Nicholas replied Feb 7, 2013 to UV light in Furnace?

29 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Brett Little

"Ted, Thanks.  I had to pull the image of and lighten it up to make out the details d…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Ted, That is a sealed combustion furnace. We don't know what the hot water heater i…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Set up your blower door and duct pressure testing. Get a duct leakage to the outside…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 24, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"OK!  In the 89 standard it was simple to get a number.  You ran a blower door. Looke…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 17, 2013 to ASHRAE 62.2.2010 and the $20 app

35 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Peck

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconMarissaCortese, Justin Tyrrell, McHale Insulation and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Jose Macho's discussion Google Sunroof Project- Where Are They Going with Solar?
" "
8 hours ago
Tom White's blog post was featured

Deconstructing and Moving a Historic Home

This spring in New Orleans I hosted “True Tales of Haunted Home Performance,” at the Home…See More
10 hours ago
Tom White posted a blog post

Deconstructing and Moving a Historic Home

This spring in New Orleans I hosted “True Tales of Haunted Home Performance,” at the Home…See More
12 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted a discussion

Acronym Challenge!

We challenge you to make suggestions to help troubleshoot the below problem using as many acronyms…See More
15 hours ago
Kim Tanner joined Brandon Walton's group
Thumbnail

Efficiency First Arizona Chapter

Efficiency First of Arizona is the Official State Chapter of that unites the Home Performance…See More
15 hours ago
Paul Morin commented on Sean Maxwell's blog post The Better Blower Door Test for Multifamily Energy Code
"Thanks Sean for a very will stated article.  I agree with your assessment of the importance of…"
15 hours ago
SmithWatson posted a blog post

It is time to replace your boiler, isn’t it?

Have you suddenly started noticing a spike in your energy bills? If yes, one of the main things you…See More
17 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service