John Nicholas's Discussions (131)

Discussions Replied To (54) Replies Latest Activity

"An ASHP makes all sorts of economic sense.  I installed one at my home and had a sig…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 22, 2013 to Air Source Heat Pumps Question from Colorado

6 Apr 25, 2013
Reply by Jose Macho

"Depends on the home and what problems you are trying to solve. Existing homes you ca…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 28, 2013 to Affordable, effective and easy to install HRV?

7 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by John Nicholas

"Most homes in this area have full conditioned basements.  They are finished and used…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 27, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"REM allows you to estimate the length of supply and return duct based on the size of…"

John Nicholas replied Feb 15, 2013 to Sources for duct insulation savings

7 Feb 15, 2013
Reply by John Nicholas

"Indoor air quality starts with a lot of things!  The last item you do is filter.  Wh…"

John Nicholas replied Feb 7, 2013 to UV light in Furnace?

29 Mar 25
Reply by Brett Little

"Ted, Thanks.  I had to pull the image of and lighten it up to make out the details d…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Ted, That is a sealed combustion furnace. We don't know what the hot water heater i…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Set up your blower door and duct pressure testing. Get a duct leakage to the outside…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 24, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"OK!  In the 89 standard it was simple to get a number.  You ran a blower door. Looke…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 17, 2013 to ASHRAE 62.2.2010 and the $20 app

35 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Peck

"Robert, I'm sorry that Mr. Feist posted information in another forum, (your links),…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 7, 2012 to “I don’t get it why would we want to make the house so tight that you would need ventilation?”

45 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Jim Shankle

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
10 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
15 hours ago
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
18 hours ago
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
18 hours ago
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
20 hours ago
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
21 hours ago
Marie Fuentes is now a member of Home Energy Pros
21 hours ago
peter chang replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Good plan, thanks. That looks pretty much like how I used to program mine (when I had one). Maybe…"
21 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service