John Nicholas's Discussions (127)

Discussions Replied To (50) Replies Latest Activity

"Ted, Thanks.  I had to pull the image of and lighten it up to make out the details d…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Ted, That is a sealed combustion furnace. We don't know what the hot water heater i…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Set up your blower door and duct pressure testing. Get a duct leakage to the outside…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 24, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"OK!  In the 89 standard it was simple to get a number.  You ran a blower door. Looke…"

John Nicholas replied Jan 17, 2013 to ASHRAE 62.2.2010 and the $20 app

35 May 10, 2013
Reply by Jim Peck

"Robert, I'm sorry that Mr. Feist posted information in another forum, (your links),…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 7, 2012 to “I don’t get it why would we want to make the house so tight that you would need ventilation?”

45 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Jim Shankle

"Pretty limited definition of comfort if you can have a headache or sneeze your head…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 6, 2012 to “I don’t get it why would we want to make the house so tight that you would need ventilation?”

45 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Jim Shankle

"Best Reason for Mechanical Ventilation is Comfort.  When the occupants are uncomfort…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 6, 2012 to “I don’t get it why would we want to make the house so tight that you would need ventilation?”

45 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Jim Shankle

"Michael,  What IAQ Testing do you do?  "

John Nicholas replied Aug 25, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"I'm glad to see that ASHRAE is looking at the filtration issue. Thanks, Ian!  I woul…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 16, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Remove the register and attach your choice of sealing material inside the register.…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 10, 2012 to Suggestions for magnetic air register covers?

12 Aug 10, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"I am curious now.  They require a penetration firewall in the wall system but do not require a…"
4 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted discussions
4 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 2 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
4 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"WOW.  30 years working and m,eeting with every kind of contractor and never heard of this…"
5 hours ago
Tony Rigdon replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"The building inspector when he inspected my footing told me about the drywall on the outside being…"
7 hours ago
Profile IconSuskin Lockett Jr, Yoomie Ahn, Lindy Wordlaw and 6 more joined Home Energy Pros
7 hours ago
Tony Rigdon replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"Bud, I'm in Columbia, MO so Zone 4 Mixed Humid. I had never heard about drywall on the outside…"
7 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"I am pretty sure he is talking about using commercial drywall designed for this type of purpose and…"
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service