John Nicholas's Discussions (141)

Discussions Replied To (61) Replies Latest Activity

"Given your list of allergies, molds and rodents loving it,  you are not using the ce…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 2, 2014 to Blown Cellulose VS Blown Fiberglass in the Attic

12 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by Morgan Hunter

"Trip, Before you spend much of anything, you need to define 3 types of customers.  …"

John Nicholas replied Oct 2, 2014 to Where to spend my marketing dollars?

8 Oct 2, 2014
Reply by John Nicholas

"I pointed you to possible data sources for heat loss information through the floor.…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 4, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Hal,  Unless you are looking at some type of cantilevered overhang or 'bump out' loo…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 4, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Which mortgage companies offer a conventional EEM?  VA and FHA mortgages are less th…"

John Nicholas replied Sep 4, 2014 to Does anyone have pointers on approaching real estate industry?

11 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by Kevin Jordan

"Richard, What are the specific items, or types of items, that are required by code t…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 14, 2014 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Before I was certified as a HERS Rater, I spent 25 years as a licensed nursing home…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 13, 2014 to Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?

13 Aug 24, 2014
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"You were testing leakage to the outside and total leakage, and also doing a Blower D…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 7, 2014 to Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

19 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Paul Morin

"Ted,  Without using name brands or proprietary terms,  how would you suggest specify…"

John Nicholas replied May 15, 2014 to Thermostat set points

5 May 17, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"There are three settings on the Nest.  Heat Only == Cool Only == Heat Cool.  I have…"

John Nicholas replied May 15, 2014 to Thermostat set points

5 May 17, 2014
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Paul Raymer's blog post was featured

What does it take to be a certified Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector (HEP QCI)?

A quality control program requires knowing a lot about a lot of different subjects.  A HEP (BPI…See More
2 hours ago
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Can you tell me more about how the plastic makes the moisture worse?   I understand that in…"
4 hours ago
Profile IconMatthew Cooke, yasmine smith, myacand heat and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
5 hours ago
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"I like cellulose because of its air leakage reduction property and the ease of making a quality…"
5 hours ago
"This example is the reverse of my suggestion.  I would do high end vapor barrier against…"
5 hours ago
Al Heath replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Really?  Go back and read these posts again.... "play ground for mold."  I…"
5 hours ago
Mary Desilva posted blog posts
5 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted a video

Single Family Residential Air Leakage Testing

This session will cover the basics of air leakage testing on a single family home as well as issues that affect the accuracy and repeatability of the test. T...
6 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service