John Nicholas's Discussions (114)

Discussions Replied To (42) Replies Latest Activity

"Bud,  I know you believe every house is a unique structure and worth individual atte…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 3, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"We use it because we are stuck with it!  No one likes change! No one really understa…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 3, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"If you are looking at any kind of an EEM for residential property, you will need a H…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Scotty, How old is the existing system?  Is this a heat pump since you only talk to…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Rose was not saying anything about height, NFA or cross ventilation. Rose was summar…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 25, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"Bud,  Read the book.  Rose never found any research regarding attic height. He only…"

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"Bud,  Don't sweat any research on attic heights etc.  It has already been done.  Wil…"

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"An ASHP makes all sorts of economic sense.  I installed one at my home and had a sig…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 22, 2013 to Air Source Heat Pumps Question from Colorado

6 Apr 25, 2013
Reply by Jose Macho

"Depends on the home and what problems you are trying to solve. Existing homes you ca…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 28, 2013 to Affordable, effective and easy to install HRV?

7 Mar 28, 2013
Reply by John Nicholas

"Most homes in this area have full conditioned basements.  They are finished and used…"

John Nicholas replied Mar 27, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, While it's true I did some of the finish work myself, I also acted as my own…"
1 hour ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thank you Linda for your response; and your generosity in sharing your suggestion and hope. I…"
1 hour ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Wow...thank you so much for your response Alice! I really appreciate it. It is simply amazing all…"
2 hours ago
Tom White's 3 videos were featured
2 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
2 hours ago
Sharon Block's 3 events were featured
2 hours ago
Tom White posted videos
2 hours ago
Linda Wigington replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal I just spent more than an hour on a detailed response and lost when I decided to check the…"
3 hours ago
Sharon Block posted events
3 hours ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, I understand your predicament, as I also have a house in Berkeley that I wanted to…"
3 hours ago
"Thanks Graham for that. It was also my belief that the cost difference between remodeling and doing…"
4 hours ago
"Thanks Jim! I'll be sure to check that out."
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service