John Nicholas's Discussions (139)

Discussions Replied To (59) Replies Latest Activity

"In addition to the 2 items Sean mentioned, you will also have to consider the exhaus…"

John Nicholas replied yesterday to Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?

3 yesterday
Reply by John Nicholas

"Take a look at the Energy Star New Homes Website. They have lots of good technical a…"

John Nicholas replied on Thursday to Slab-on-grade Insulation

7 yesterday
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"Richard can either live with my comments or provide the list owner name and the list…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 12, 2014 to "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"

12 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by Chris Leach

"How many blower doors have you run?  Ever have a family member open a door during yo…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 12, 2014 to Blower Door Question

15 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by j. west

"If you haven't followed the discussions on Linked In.  This is the Third Forum Mr. B…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 12, 2014 to "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"

12 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by Chris Leach

"A search on that website for spectral response charts showed 3 results dated 2004, 2…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 5, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"You would be better contacting a Level III Thermographer.   I have been a Level II f…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 4, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"A surface with an emissivity of .90  does not have anything to do with frequencies o…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 4, 2014 to How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

39 Nov 21, 2014
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Given your list of allergies, molds and rodents loving it,  you are not using the ce…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 2, 2014 to Blown Cellulose VS Blown Fiberglass in the Attic

12 Nov 1, 2014
Reply by Morgan Hunter

"Trip, Before you spend much of anything, you need to define 3 types of customers.  …"

John Nicholas replied Oct 2, 2014 to Where to spend my marketing dollars?

8 Oct 2, 2014
Reply by John Nicholas

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"I am getting a lot of "bad idea" push back on this.  I fully understand that…"
5 hours ago
Greg Mitchell commented on Larry Ralph Jr's blog post Top 7 Worst Crawl Space Repairs
"Spray Foam should be used in crawlspaces.   To learn about closed cell foam in crawlspaces…"
5 hours ago
Jerry Lawrence posted events
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Right you are. You have to ask: what will the cellulose contribute.  Here in Minneapolis we…"
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"All slabs float. We have been installing radiant floors on various slab constructions since the…"
yesterday
Tony Hicks replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"2" XPS foam. I'd love an R-20. Having foam thick enough to get an R-20 would be…"
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"Sorry, I did missed the "siding nailed directly to the framing", my grandfather would…"
yesterday
Morgan M Audetat replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"My own farm house is sided with 1/2" t&g pine boards and vinyl. We foamed then from the…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service