John Nicholas's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (65) Replies Latest Activity

"Stephen,    The mold is in one place.  That means moisture is in that place.  Until…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 20 to Mold on a ceiling diffuser

3 Aug 20
Reply by John Nicholas

"You should go high and low on the roof as Glen suggested.  That would be simple.  Yo…"

John Nicholas replied Aug 7 to Ventilating Attics- Rafter Vents

5 Aug 12
Reply by David Eakin

"I listened to a webinar sponsored by NAHB with one of the OSHA staff members that wa…"

John Nicholas replied Jul 9 to Crawl spaces and attics: OSHA to implement new rule on confined spaces

4 Jul 9
Reply by John Nicholas

"First,  What is the 24/7 CFM requirement for your house?   Second,  What is the CFM…"

John Nicholas replied May 29 to ERV in need of backflow preventer.

7 Jun 5
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"No,  I don't heat my toilet water, but I don't like being in the shower when someone…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 19 to Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?

19 May 10

"Simple math will tell you.   Figure the GPM requirements for each fixture you think…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 19 to Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?

19 May 10

"In addition to the 2 items Sean mentioned, you will also have to consider the exhaus…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 16 to Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?

19 May 10

"Take a look at the Energy Star New Homes Website. They have lots of good technical a…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 16 to Slab-on-grade Insulation

11 Jun 14
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Richard can either live with my comments or provide the list owner name and the list…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 12, 2014 to "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"

12 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by Chris Leach

"How many blower doors have you run?  Ever have a family member open a door during yo…"

John Nicholas replied Dec 12, 2014 to Blower Door Question

15 Dec 18, 2014
Reply by j. west

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Profile IconMarissaCortese, Justin Tyrrell, McHale Insulation and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Jose Macho's discussion Google Sunroof Project- Where Are They Going with Solar?
" "
6 hours ago
Tom White's blog post was featured

Deconstructing and Moving a Historic Home

This spring in New Orleans I hosted “True Tales of Haunted Home Performance,” at the Home…See More
7 hours ago
Tom White posted a blog post

Deconstructing and Moving a Historic Home

This spring in New Orleans I hosted “True Tales of Haunted Home Performance,” at the Home…See More
10 hours ago
Kim Tanner posted a discussion

Acronym Challenge!

We challenge you to make suggestions to help troubleshoot the below problem using as many acronyms…See More
13 hours ago
Kim Tanner joined Brandon Walton's group
Thumbnail

Efficiency First Arizona Chapter

Efficiency First of Arizona is the Official State Chapter of that unites the Home Performance…See More
13 hours ago
Paul Morin commented on Sean Maxwell's blog post The Better Blower Door Test for Multifamily Energy Code
"Thanks Sean for a very will stated article.  I agree with your assessment of the importance of…"
13 hours ago
SmithWatson posted a blog post

It is time to replace your boiler, isn’t it?

Have you suddenly started noticing a spike in your energy bills? If yes, one of the main things you…See More
15 hours ago

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service