John Nicholas's Discussions (120)

Discussions Replied To (44) Replies Latest Activity

"Ted,  Without using name brands or proprietary terms,  how would you suggest specify…"

John Nicholas replied May 15 to Thermostat set points

5 May 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"There are three settings on the Nest.  Heat Only == Cool Only == Heat Cool.  I have…"

John Nicholas replied May 15 to Thermostat set points

5 May 17
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Bud,  I know you believe every house is a unique structure and worth individual atte…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 3, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"We use it because we are stuck with it!  No one likes change! No one really understa…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 3, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"If you are looking at any kind of an EEM for residential property, you will need a H…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Scotty, How old is the existing system?  Is this a heat pump since you only talk to…"

John Nicholas replied Nov 1, 2013 to Is my HVAC Guy correct? 2 systems instead of 1 system with Dampers

54 Nov 9, 2013
Reply by Curt Kinder

"Rose was not saying anything about height, NFA or cross ventilation. Rose was summar…"

John Nicholas replied Oct 25, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"Bud,  Read the book.  Rose never found any research regarding attic height. He only…"

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"Bud,  Don't sweat any research on attic heights etc.  It has already been done.  Wil…"

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"An ASHP makes all sorts of economic sense.  I installed one at my home and had a sig…"

John Nicholas replied Apr 22, 2013 to Air Source Heat Pumps Question from Colorado

6 Apr 25, 2013
Reply by Jose Macho

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Ryan Rutledge just added their location.
(via Member Map)

17 minutes ago
Profile IconPaul DelVaglio, Michael Glovre, reflintorm and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Nate Adams commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"Interesting conversation. David, I completely understand where you are coming from. To me it's…"
3 hours ago
John Proctor commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt: So my question is how does your device work? PSC motors generally do not reduce their…"
8 hours ago
John Proctor commented on Christopher Morin's blog post How do You Test a TXV?
"Correction 32 is the melting point, not the saturation temperature."
8 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
""I have no interest in bantering or arguing with you." AGREED! I look at these…"
10 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, it appears Richard is more about getting the last word than about learning a new thing.…"
10 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Richard,  I don't believe I am missing any points.  As I mentioned... I have no…"
10 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, Your missing the point. I can only suggest for you to read all the links attached within that…"
11 hours ago
Tom Conlon replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Excellent snapshot, Griffin. You didn't happen to notice the fan manufacturer's name on…"
12 hours ago
Brandon Walton replied to Brandon Walton's discussion 12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck
"Thanks Don! "
13 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I was aware of but unfamiliar with them until moving to Southern California in 2012. After seeing…"
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service