Tom DelConte's Discussions (97)

Discussions Replied To (87) Replies Latest Activity

"Hello Marco, You're right! when I converted to CFLs 20 years ago, it was a long payb…"

Tom DelConte replied Nov 30, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"I'll have to check mine, thank you! t"

Tom DelConte replied Oct 31, 2012 to Vampire load surprise - garage door openers

90 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Michael: wonderful anecdotal ! here's the general lbnl stuff: http://www.iaqscience.…"

Tom DelConte replied Aug 12, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Found: a paper on the limits of energy efficiency, Limits of EE , from the oil compa…"

Tom DelConte replied Aug 9, 2012 to Controversial? The Rebound Effect?

10 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Richard Scott Mills

"Jim, on second thought: Uh oh: entangled particles break second law of thermodynamic…"

Tom DelConte replied Aug 8, 2012 to First Law of Themodynamics

3 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Ed Voytovich

"EPA says, "The process of solving indoor air quality problems that result in health…"

Tom DelConte replied Aug 4, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012

"1st- upgrade mechanicals(only kidding!) 2nd- go with your suggested progam, but get…"

Tom DelConte replied Jul 30, 2012 to Installing additional supply runs from the main trunk.

16 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Yes, Jim, you are right, we mostly deal with the first law using classical thermo. I…"

Tom DelConte replied Jul 30, 2012 to First Law of Themodynamics

3 Aug 9, 2012
Reply by Ed Voytovich

"Since you have your ventilation question solved, might as well take the next step. I…"

Tom DelConte replied Jul 30, 2012 to Residential ventilation levels

38 Sep 16, 2012

"Incredibly excessive! So excessive, in fact, that it would cover 4 of my home electr…"

Tom DelConte replied Jul 26, 2012 to Efficiency First Membership Pricing

4 Jul 26, 2012
Reply by Rod Fox

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
5 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
5 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
13 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
13 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
14 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
14 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
15 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
15 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service