Eric Kjelshus's Discussions (143)

Discussions Replied To (124) Replies Latest Activity

"Most fireplaces a just a hole that lets heated/cooled air out chimney.  If the heate…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 6, 2015 to Modeling a Gas Fireplace in Wrightsoft

12 Aug 26, 2015
Reply by Judy Rachel

"Biggest is to keep the CO  or other gas down in building  "

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 1, 2015 to Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?

84 Aug 1, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"I look at this not about AFUE,  but flue gas dewpoint.  If your burn rate is rotting…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jul 3, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"The heat exchanger gets burnt out, if presser is to high or if mix is to rich, then…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jul 2, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015

"Afue is not a real number.   Look at system Efficiency BTU in vs BTU out,  Its more…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jun 25, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015

"I see lack of air in sealing crawl spaces.   I gave a class on crawl spaces at last…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jun 25, 2015 to Crawl spaces and attics: OSHA to implement new rule on confined spaces

4 Jul 9, 2015
Reply by John Nicholas

"Old school is to pace it.   Walk next to yard stick or 100' tape, Then get use to it…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jun 9, 2015 to Best house measuring tools...

7 Jun 12, 2015
Reply by Lars olsen

"http://www.southwarkmetal.com/product/butterfly-dampers/ I have made my own but some…"

Eric Kjelshus replied May 28, 2015 to ERV in need of backflow preventer.

7 Jun 5, 2015

"Helps some.   Putting Water on roof with drip hose works better but water can get hi…"

Eric Kjelshus replied May 5, 2015 to cooling vests

9 May 17, 2015
Reply by Doug Krahl

"Make the building positive.  Bring in more air than leaks out and the air you bring…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Feb 19, 2015 to smoky neighbor

8 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Eric Kjelshus replied to Beverly Lerch's discussion Fireplace drafts
"A brick chimney will take some 70,000 BTU's to heat up to draft on a fireplace.   A…"
8 hours ago
Ed Voytovich replied to Beverly Lerch's discussion Fireplace drafts
"Our solution was to install a Lopi Answer wood burning insert that vents directly through a metal…"
15 hours ago
kevin mack is now a member of Home Energy Pros
18 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured

A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line

There has been a lot of interest of late in the weatherization and broader home performance…See More
yesterday
Jonathan Beers commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"The carbon intensity of electricity use (lbs. of CO2/MWh) varies a lot from region to region. For…"
yesterday
Diane Chojnowski posted events
yesterday
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post

Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive

The United States and Canada have been fortunate to have access to natural gas for space heating,…See More
yesterday
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post

A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line

There has been a lot of interest of late in the weatherization and broader home performance…See More
yesterday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service