Eric Kjelshus's Discussions (83)

Discussions Replied To (70) Replies Latest Activity

"I put a drop on the fire place  more for the soot  and light fibers.   You can get 3…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 29, 2013 to Vermiculite in the fireplace

8 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Brian Robinson

"I have seen 4000 PPM CO at the breech of the flue and only 335 PPM CO at top of bric…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 22, 2013 to Extraordinarily High CO Reading on a Furnace Vent: 3950 PPM

6 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"That is a big number and very unsafe, shut it down and fix or replace,  Until its fi…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 16, 2013 to Extraordinarily High CO Reading on a Furnace Vent: 3950 PPM

6 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"I put one in today love the light but it just fits a small box not full size, so I h…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 16, 2013 to LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"I have seen lots of heating elements melt though duct board when breaking apart.  I…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 10, 2013 to Elec Coil heat vs Heat Pump

14 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

"this is why most electric  strip heat do not work after 5 years.   The worst is very…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 10, 2013 to Elec Coil heat vs Heat Pump

14 Aug 22, 2013

"on the side of the furnace is listed the temp rise, Most/all furnace that have high…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 4, 2013 to Easy Tests for HVAC during audit

17 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

"you can put strip heat in all air handlers.  just put on top of furnace and wire in.…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Aug 1, 2013 to Elec Coil heat vs Heat Pump

14 Aug 22, 2013

"this is what I do for 25 yr.  I find most res unit are mid .8" water Col.   The tag…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jul 8, 2013 to Air Handler Fan Speed

15 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"I just left a 90% with wasp nest in PVC out put pipe.  Took the CO to 380 PPM then t…"

Eric Kjelshus replied Jul 4, 2013 to Changing 80 Percent Furnaces to 90+

17 Jul 4, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
12 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
12 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
20 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
20 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
21 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
21 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
22 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
22 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service