Don Hynek's Discussions (70)

Discussions Replied To (31) Replies Latest Activity

"I agree with Sean, as far as he goes... This building wants ALL the exterior wall th…"

Don Hynek replied Dec 29, 2014 to Non-continuous exterior insulation

9 Jan 12
Reply by tedkidd

"My quick and dirty guess is that you have the proportions backward. For 30 years, co…"

Don Hynek replied Jul 11, 2014 to Cold climate wall

2 Jul 11, 2014
Reply by Don Hynek

"Multipoint testing will improve precision, mostly because (after you get experience…"

Don Hynek replied May 8, 2014 to When is it too windy to use blower door?

9 May 20, 2014
Reply by David Baerg

"Frankly, I believe it's unconscionable that atmospheric appliances are still allowed…"

Don Hynek replied Apr 7, 2014 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21, 2014
Reply by Glen Gallo

"This doesn't have to be that complicated…. If your goal is to save energy, the answe…"

Don Hynek replied Mar 24, 2014 to Whole house air leakage

14 Apr 1, 2014
Reply by Ed Minch

"If you really want to get into arcana, try to figure out and rationalize utility rat…"

Don Hynek replied Oct 25, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"This is three different questions, air sealing, insulating, and acoustics/speaker pe…"

Don Hynek replied Aug 6, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Jim, that's a good idea!! Don't even bother measuring -- with a 12 inch duct, it's a…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 17, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"The simplest way is probably with a pitot tube. I know that's not exactly a "common"…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 10, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"A couple of replies (Robert and Sean) are on it -- fill the cavities with cellulose,…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 10, 2013 to Retrofit insulation on the roof over cathedral ceiling

24 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Richard Beyer's discussion Media Reports Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation spontaneously combusted a $5M Connecticut Home... "The Conclusion"
""fire origin had overheated and ignited during the curing process." No attorney…"
13 hours ago
John Nicholas replied to Sean Lintow Sr's discussion Blower Doors & Methods Used in the group Best Practices (Residential)
"Different houses, different problems, different approaches. A multipoint gives you a slope. The…"
22 hours ago
John Nicholas replied to Sean Lintow Sr's discussion Blower Doors & Methods Used in the group Best Practices (Residential)
"Bud,  I pretty much agree with Sean's points.  Given the time it takes to set up the…"
22 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Sean Lintow Sr's discussion Blower Doors & Methods Used in the group Best Practices (Residential)
"A multi-point will take longer, but what will it do for the home owner?  Will it change the…"
yesterday
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Sean Lintow Sr's discussion Blower Doors & Methods Used in the group Best Practices (Residential)
"Hmmm good question - personally for air-leakage I would go with multi-point, preferably run from…"
yesterday
Richard Beyer posted a discussion

Media Reports Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation spontaneously combusted a $5M Connecticut Home... "The Conclusion"

OFFICE OF THE FIRE MARSHAL1212 WHITTEMORE RDMIDDLEBURY, CONNECTICUT Fire Investigation Report –…See More
yesterday
Profile IconDavid Hepinstall and Matthew joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday
Steve Leombruno posted a blog post

Static power energy box

Just wondering if You've heard of this Static power energy box that boasts energy consumption…See More
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service