Don Hynek's Discussions (82)

Discussions Replied To (42) Replies Latest Activity

"Tyvek (tm) air barrier is sealed to the concrete and run up onto the sheathing befor…"

Don Hynek replied Mar 1 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"Our weatherization protocol (based on Wisconsin DHS rules) says there is no reliable…"

Don Hynek replied Feb 29 to Vermiculite in the fireplace

13 Feb 29
Reply by Brian Robinson

"You are probably right, but there were multiple levels of decision-making on the win…"

Don Hynek replied Feb 29 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"Correct -- for cold climates. That's why this REMOTE system is ideal for retrofit in…"

Don Hynek replied Feb 29 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"I have thought about that... I am not a furnace tech, so the idea of rooting around…"

Don Hynek replied Feb 23 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"The heating system is now wildly over-sized. The 60K NG sealed combustion FA furnace…"

Don Hynek replied Feb 22 to Superinsulation retrofit is Complete!

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"Well, the roof and foundation are the weak spots left. The roof can get fixed, but I…"

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"New Update -- House ALMOST met my air sealing target! This weekend's blower door tes…"

17 Mar 1
Reply by Don Hynek

"This looks something where you borrow from solar heating installers. Most codes requ…"

Don Hynek replied Jan 27 to Baseboard Hydronic Heater with Thermostat & Pump?

24 Feb 3
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"1) is correct. 2) is not. We install dozens of condensing boilers a year, and I cloc…"

Don Hynek replied Oct 23, 2015 to Eliminating Standing Pilot Light Furnaces

17 Oct 23, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Tom White posted a discussion

Home Energy Reader Survey

Home Energy wants to serve you better.  Please …See More
8 hours ago
George Matthews's event was featured

Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop at Truitt and White Lumber Conference Room

October 7, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
Building Energy Performance Testing is sponsoring the Proof is Possible Tour to come to the San…See More
15 hours ago
Profile IconAshley Noreuil, Fred Smith and Peter Moncada joined Home Energy Pros
17 hours ago
George Matthews commented on George Matthews's event Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop
"Here is the flyer for the Advanced Techniques and Tools in Home Performance Friday October 7th at…"
yesterday
George Matthews posted an event

Proof is Possible Tour by the Home Performance Workshop at Truitt and White Lumber Conference Room

October 7, 2016 from 9am to 1pm
Building Energy Performance Testing is sponsoring the Proof is Possible Tour to come to the San…See More
yesterday
George Matthews replied to George Matthews's discussion Shortridge 8400 Flowhood for A/C airflow testing in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Here are the pics of the flowhood and airdata manometer"
Saturday
Sarah Holloway posted a photo
Friday
Joe Urycki added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

TEC blower door and UEI combustion analyzer for sale

For sale is one used TEC Minneapolis blower door system: Includes model 3 fan with rings A and B,…See More
Friday

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service