Robert Riversong's Discussions (213)

Discussions Replied To (190) Replies Latest Activity

"We all know that the Southland is "backwards". That's why we invaded it in 1861 and…"

Robert Riversong replied Sep 5, 2012 to Fun with Neutral Pressure Planes (NPP)

87 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"I don't think the altitude would have much impact on the neutral pressure plane, whi…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"Except in this example the Delta-T is -35 and so the Delta-P would be -4 Pa."

87 Sep 9, 2012

"Yes, but that's true only of a hermetically-sealed cylinder, not a leaky house. Oh!…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"If that were true, then a chimney extending a couple feet above the roof peak would…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"Correction: In doing some research to respond to other issues here, I stumbled acros…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"see http://archive.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/ibp/irc/cbd/building-digest-245.html "Measurem…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"Then why is atmospheric pressure part of the stack effect pressure formula? ΔP     …"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"Not true. As long as there is enough leakage to make up that forced air volume, then…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

"John, I just found this thread. Good stuff! I would say that this is identical to a…"

87 Sep 9, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
3 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
5 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
7 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted photos
19 hours ago
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
22 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Alliant Energy's PowerHouse TV: Sealing Leaky Ductwork

"Very educational. thanks for sharing Tom."
yesterday
Hal Skinner posted a discussion

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service