George J. Nesbitt's Discussions (27)

Discussions Replied To (26) Replies Latest Activity

"Historically we have done an air barrier on the inside, lot's of intersections, peni…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 15 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"While code may not require adding ventilation to an existing kitchen, I would never…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 15 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"Can you create an air barrier (5/8" drywall or 1/2" ply) at the ceiling level? elimi…"

George J. Nesbitt replied May 4 to Square Recessed Lights

8 May 6
Reply by Glen Gallo

"1) not important; air leakage can introduce pollutants to the building (dust, moistu…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30 to On the Question of Airtightness and Energy Performance

28 Jun 20
Reply by Brennan Less

"Equipment is rated for it's configuration (ducted or ductless). So you can compare e…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30 to Air Source Heat pump or mini-split efficiency

1 Apr 30
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

"Sorry, I meant to say NOT recognized."

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"AAV's are NOT recognized in the state plumbing code, although they are in the IRC (i…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 30 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"CA modifies the National / International codes, and does not allow some things, but…"

85 May 22

"I've done a recirculating hood with an ERV in Berkeley, the city did not notice."

85 May 22

"The owners (like Alice) have had varying degrees of involvement, mainly on the plann…"

George J. Nesbitt replied Apr 27 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Rob Madden, Solar Home Broker posted a blog post

Phoenix 3rd Quarter Solar Resale Statistics Continue to Impress

Phoenix solar home sales were up during the third quarter of 2014, including the resale of homes…See More
5 hours ago
Everblue posted a status
"Green job alert! Energy Auditor in Baltimore, MD with Advanced Green Home Solutions. Check it out: http://bit.ly/1xhQuXO"
6 hours ago
Chris Clay replied to Isaiah Borel's discussion Blown Cellulose VS Blown Fiberglass in the Attic
"The Cold Climate Housing Research Center in Fairbanks, AK has alot of information about this…"
6 hours ago
Richard L. Sanderson replied to Bud Poll's discussion Inconsistant Local Authority
"Bud: I like the idea of a third party review board. My own experience in local government is that…"
14 hours ago
Matthew Lutz commented on Kaplan Clean Tech's blog post The Difference Between Home Inspection and Energy Auditing [Infographic]
"I would have to agree with Steve on this.  I am a Certified Energy Manager and have performed…"
19 hours ago
Matthew Lutz joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
19 hours ago
Matthew Lutz replied to Kari Sauder's discussion Easy Water Heater Venting in the group Hall of Shame
"I have been in the HVAC trade since 1986. I have recently completed a Home or Real Estate…"
19 hours ago
Susan E. Buchan posted an event

EEBA Houses That Work at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park

November 3, 2014 from 8am to 4:30pm
Registration: 8:00 amSession: 8:30 am to 4:30 pmWorkshop Covers:Introduction to EEBA and its…See More
23 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service