Cory Chovanec's Discussions (13)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"Thanks Jon, we do all of the above with the exception of the homeownerns leaving. Th…"

Cory Chovanec replied Oct 28, 2013 to Air sampling low pressure two part foam

4 Nov 1, 2013
Reply by Bob Sullivan

"when in doubt pressurize. That may not be a bad idea for fireplaces in general. I wa…"

Cory Chovanec replied Sep 5, 2013 to Vermiculite in the fireplace

8 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Brian Robinson

"All good points brought up. My advice is not to leave the lights. When you said halo…"

Cory Chovanec replied May 23, 2013 to Boxing and Insulating Around Non-ICAT Cans

9 May 31, 2013
Reply by peter chang

"Rob- It might be a direct vent mobile home water heater installed in a house. This i…"

Cory Chovanec replied Sep 27, 2012 to Domestic HWH diverter missing, or just different?

8 Sep 27, 2012
Reply by Cory Chovanec

"You haven't convinced us yet. To my knowledge there is not a replacement for IR, smo…"

Cory Chovanec replied Sep 27, 2012 to Tired of climbing ladders and reaching to find air leaks during blower door test I have a solution!!!

17 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Damien Herold

"John- Not somthing I try to locate but it I think it could be done witout too much t…"

Cory Chovanec replied Sep 17, 2012 to Locating the Neutral Pressure Plane

49 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

"Watch out for thermal barrier requirements in addition to your ignition barrier conc…"

Cory Chovanec replied May 4, 2012 to Spray Foam and 2009 IRC codes? Your interpretation?

8 May 14, 2012
Reply by Timothy Renz

"For the cellulose and rigid I wouldn't worry about the foaming of penetrations unles…"

Cory Chovanec replied Apr 20, 2012 to Handling An Interesting Crawl Space

16 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Sounds like a winner to me, you can skip the wire supports the house wrap should sup…"

Cory Chovanec replied Apr 20, 2012 to Handling An Interesting Crawl Space

16 Apr 26, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Your going to want to get your hands on the NEC code. They don't prohibit the contin…"

Cory Chovanec replied Feb 25, 2012 to Knob and tube

9 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Chris Stratton

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Rem Husted replied to Andy Gostisha's discussion Disguising Ductless Heat Pump Units
"I think most consumers wouldn't want a big box called a refrigerator or a stove or…"
19 minutes ago
Scott Katznelson replied to Scott Katznelson's discussion Database of zip code or county by climate zone
"You know those maps you can find for energy code climate zone specific reference.  That's…"
1 hour ago
JEFFREY M HUGO, CBO replied to Richard Beyer's discussion Sprinkler Mandate Debated.. What do you think should be done?
"Fire sprinklers operate when the fires are small. Typically it only takes approx 20 gallons per…"
1 hour ago
Scott Katznelson replied to Scott Katznelson's discussion Database of zip code or county by climate zone
"Thanks.  That's the best source I've yet found, and maybe the best that's out…"
1 hour ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Scott Katznelson's discussion Database of zip code or county by climate zone
"I posted the question on HEP's facebook page and Bill Spohn commented: Try…"
2 hours ago
Profile IconKevin Jordan, Hannah Strong, Rich Snyder and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
20 hours ago
EnergyLogic Academy posted events
20 hours ago
EnergyLogic Academy updated an event
Thumbnail

RESCAZ- RESNET Combustion Safety Testing: North Carolina at Wilmington, NC

November 7, 2014 from 6pm to 7pm
The health and safety of the home energy auditor’s clients should be the top priority when…See More
21 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service