Sean Lintow Sr's Discussions (336)

Discussions Replied To (234) Replies Latest Activity

"There are two easy solutions - move the air barrier location or placement of the hea…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 18 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"First off felt paper is a great moisture barrier & while me & many others ge…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 18 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"Check out http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/insights/bsi-011-capillarity-smal…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 12 to Closed-Cell Foam & Brick Walls

4 Mar 15
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"You have to keep it out of their reach thus a Sealed crawl is the best option For a…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 10 to How to keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers.

5 Mar 13
Reply by Charles Cormany

"First off - way to go, a rain screed detail is one of the best things you can do If…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 3 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"I got to say Bud has nailed most of it BUT... in a cold climate a hot roof is still…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Feb 26 to Hot roof in a cold climate?

6 Feb 26
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"#1 - it is not a properly done hot roof, the sheathing should have all been sprayed…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Feb 25 to Hot roof in a cold climate?

6 Feb 26
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Crunch the numbers, all the numbers including usage, flows, efficiencies, amounts ne…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Feb 3 to what is more efficient a boiler or hw ?

1 Feb 3
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"The Brits are doing the same thing we are which is the issue - if you do X you will…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Jan 24 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Answer equals = U * A * T As you are missing A or area.... for the first one What th…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Jan 18 to Calculating heat loss

3 Jan 21
Reply by Bud Poll

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"That is also one of my concerns about adding new insulation over old.  On a consultation I…"
2 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"The only time I was present during dense packing of an attic with cellulose, people who were…"
3 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"See "Why Pay for Two Condensing Systems When One Will Do?" by Schoenbauer et al…"
3 hours ago
Bud Poll posted a discussion

Another benefit from air sealing

From our perspective air sealing should often be the first step, but when explaining its importance…See More
3 hours ago
Brett Little posted events
5 hours ago
Brett Little's 2 events were featured
6 hours ago
Profile IconSATISH KUMAR GUPTA, Kimberly Loewen, Bob Whelan and 2 more joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Christopher Talarico replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Sounds good - thanks again, Bob.  I was leaning toward the furnace, mostly because it sounds…"
7 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service