Sean Lintow Sr's Discussions (338)

Discussions Replied To (236) Replies Latest Activity

"Ahh but we are talking the attic floor & not the roof sheathing, no? As for hot…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 29 to Open cell foam and cellulose... Can they work together?

11 Mar 29
Reply by Richard Beyer

"I am right there with you Ed but with that many use the open cell to do the air seal…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 28 to Open cell foam and cellulose... Can they work together?

11 Mar 29
Reply by Richard Beyer

"Well I will call BS - you do not need electrical bills et al (which Blasnik actually…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 24 to HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

18 Mar 27
Reply by Brett Little

"If there are no changes (mechanicals, leakage, etc...) a house rated a 75 5 years ag…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 22 to HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

18 Mar 27
Reply by Brett Little

"Vapor issue is the only one I can think of though if you use a vapor retarder paint…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 21 to Open cell foam and cellulose... Can they work together?

11 Mar 29
Reply by Richard Beyer

"Mineral wool is good at doing that but as described in the article this install was…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 19 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"There are two easy solutions - move the air barrier location or placement of the hea…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 18 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"First off felt paper is a great moisture barrier & while me & many others ge…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 18 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"Check out http://www.buildingscience.com/documents/insights/bsi-011-capillarity-smal…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 12 to Closed-Cell Foam & Brick Walls

4 Mar 15
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"You have to keep it out of their reach thus a Sealed crawl is the best option For a…"

Sean Lintow Sr replied Mar 10 to How to keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers.

5 Mar 13
Reply by Charles Cormany

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom White posted videos
48 minutes ago
Maria Lacey replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Low-cost electricity monitoring: Accuracy & Applications in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"I attempted to use an AZTech device. I have used the Watt Stopper, Watts Up Pro, Kill-A-Watt…"
4 hours ago
Maria Lacey joined David Eggleton's group
Thumbnail

1000 Home Challenge

Linda Wigington distinguished between deep retrofits & deep energy reductions, thus expanding…See More
4 hours ago
Profile IconCynthia Sandherr, James Skeldon, Mathew Castel and 3 more joined Home Energy Pros
7 hours ago
Andy Li replied to David Parker's discussion Energy auditor equipment for sale- blower door, duct tester,combustion analyzer in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Is Minneapolis Duct Blaster still available? send some photos and how much do you ask for? my…"
10 hours ago
Andy Li joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
10 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Richard Beyer's discussion What's your opinion on the best insulation option for your GREEN attic space?
"Mornin Richard, Maybe 'Options' might be more appropriate here?  We take the path…"
12 hours ago
Richard Beyer posted a discussion
13 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service