Robert H's Discussions (34)

Discussions Replied To (29) Replies Latest Activity

"Jason I agree with your point.  So far much of what auditing and retrofitting does r…"

Robert H replied Jan 20, 2012 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"Look at other ways to make your business profitable.  Line up contractors that will…"

Robert H replied Oct 29, 2011 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"In my appraising days I used Apex for sketching and computing a homes size. I would…"

Robert H replied Oct 18, 2011 to Portable Drawing method

6 Nov 6, 2011
Reply by Thomas Price

"Is this an interior wall and the insulation is for sound.  Using steel in an exerior…"

Robert H replied Apr 21, 2011 to Dense Packed Cellulose in Steel Studs?

4 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Al Maloney

"Weatherization is where to start. I dont have figures but look at the cost to supply…"

Robert H replied Apr 11, 2011 to Need Solar-v-Weatherization savings comparison graph

6 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

"Given that it is a large hot tub with a cover the moisture load will not be as great…"

Robert H replied Apr 6, 2011 to Installing an indoor swim spa and what type of insulation to use.

7 Apr 6, 2011
Reply by Robert H

"Spray foam would not cause condensation - actually sorption on the bottom of the flo…"

Robert H replied Mar 1, 2011 to Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass - R-value only?

25 Mar 2, 2011
Reply by Bryce Cramer

"Building assesmblies need to be able to dry in at least 1 direction.  Rigid insualti…"

Robert H replied Mar 1, 2011 to Nailbase insulation vs. 2 layers of tuff-r with staggered seams

2 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Robert H

"I doubt you would see much benefit from a barrier in MN. From my research only the f…"

Robert H replied Mar 1, 2011 to Radiant Barrier in the North?

16 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Tom Mallard

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to peter chang's discussion Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?
"Savings depends a LOT on how it's programmed. I've even done a setup with a contactor,…"
4 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Sell utility subsidized services to the tenants. It has to pay back within a year though."
5 hours ago
Tom Mallard replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Thx, Robert. Being a PNWester where crawl spaces are moist or wet seasonally & some sites never…"
8 hours ago
Hal Skinner added a discussion to the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
8 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I can only speak for the one I have worked with over t6he years.  We have a certification for…"
8 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"Thanks for the reponses.  I have a 40 hr class staring 12-8-2014 which should prepare me for…"
9 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi George, I can see where this could be a HUGE issue in Canada.   We spray our RCC directly…"
10 hours ago
Everblue joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Hall of Shame

In this group, members share an array of images from the field, showing the kinds of issues…See More
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service