Hans Joachim Preiss's Discussions (18)

Discussions Replied To (18) Replies Latest Activity

"Dan, Let me attempt to compare apples with apples: My solar thermal system is locate…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Apr 29, 2016 to Net Zero Energy Hot Water

18 May 12, 2016
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I use the combination of solar PV and heatpump water heaters in the vast majority of…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Apr 29, 2016 to Net Zero Energy Hot Water

18 May 12, 2016
Reply by Tom Mallard

"I personally don't have an answer for you and would have to research the web myself.…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Nov 20, 2015 to Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?

25 Nov 28, 2015
Reply by Tauran Ivall

"Most European hardware engages on all sides pulling the door into the gaskets evenly…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Nov 12, 2015 to Energy Efficient Entry Door options out there?

25 Nov 28, 2015
Reply by Tauran Ivall

"I don't perform any audits myself, but I came across this relatively new tool that m…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Sep 17, 2015 to What is the best energy auditing software?

18 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by Ben Meyer

"A hole dip tube would only play a role when hot water is drawn and cold water enters…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Sep 5, 2015 to Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Rod, Because the tank is not overheating, the behavior is either normal for this tan…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Aug 27, 2015 to Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Calcification happens on the heating elements because hardness causing minerals are…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Aug 27, 2015 to Does calcification affect electric water heater aquastat temperature sensor performance?

19 Sep 24, 2015
Reply by tedkidd

"Good discussion. I came across this comprehensive presentation by Gas Consultants on…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Jul 2, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

"Rod, Correct me if I am wrong, but you're saying "AFUE" but really mean "actual effi…"

Hans Joachim Preiss replied Jun 26, 2015 to Does altitude affect AFUE? or just the input/output BTUs?

25 Jul 15, 2015
Reply by Morgan M Audetat

RSS

Featured Forum Discussions

Too many BTU's. Too much horsepower?

Started by Steve in General Forum. Last reply by Eric Kjelshus on Saturday. 4 Replies

Stack/wind pressure and flow networks.

Started by Daniel James Grundy in Training. Last reply by Daniel James Grundy Mar 23. 5 Replies

BDT with vermiculite in hollow CMU walls?

Started by Brad Cook in General Forum. Last reply by John Nicholas Mar 23. 2 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Latest Activity

Amos Dunham added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

insulmaxx 5000 insulation machine

insulmaxx 5000 machine low hours less than 100 hrs complete with hoses and cords very fast machine…See More
12 minutes ago
Adrian Sheils liked Home Energy Magazine's blog post The Elephant in the Room
3 hours ago
Adrian Sheils liked Sarah OConnell's blog post Crowdsourcing for Innovation
3 hours ago
Chris Dorsi commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post The Elephant in the Room
"This was a great session, witness the fact that we had to schedule a second showing to accommodate…"
14 hours ago
Chris Dorsi liked Home Energy Magazine's blog post The Elephant in the Room
14 hours ago
eric anderson added a discussion to the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
Thumbnail

Equipement still for sail (what is left from what I was selling before)

For some reason I can't reply to my previous thread.  I sold the blower door and duct blaster/flow…See More
20 hours ago
Mark Sackerson replied to angela stanzione's discussion Used Weatherization and auditing equipment for sale in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Angela, Do you have any blower door sets left? mark"
21 hours ago
Mark Sackerson replied to Jeffrey Anthony's discussion Blower Door Kits in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"Jeffrey, do you have any blower door kits left? mark msackerson@franzoso.com"
21 hours ago

Home Energy Pros

Welcome to Home Energy Pros – the unique digital community by and for those who work in the home energy performance arena.

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (supported by the U.S. Department of Energy) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network. Please honor our Guidelines

© 2017   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service