Dennis McCarthy's Discussions (97)

Discussions Replied To (76) Replies Latest Activity

"Bob-  Regarding your thoughts on SSL design - I'm going to take a guess that you ha…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Dec 6, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Curt  Its the old adage you get what you pay for - some aspects of the current price…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Dec 5, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Curt-  The contention that current production LED luminiares run hot- Well it's tru…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Dec 5, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Curt - The math becomes a moot point when the incandescents are no longer available…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Dec 4, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Tom  I know the Philips product line well - I sell them and use them If my passiona…"

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Tom-  Help me understand the sense in using a lamp using 60 watts to produce 850 lu…"

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

" The one bit of news for folks switching to LED lighting next year-   I am pleasantl…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Dec 3, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Tom As a solid state lighting professional- lighting auditor, I want you and others…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Dec 3, 2012 to Are efficient LED bulbs worth the price?

58 Jan 7, 2013
Reply by Tom DelConte

"Timm  I think the focus of the story is how does one make this example of energy wa…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Oct 15, 2012 to How would you makeover Downton Abbey?

22 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by William Reid

" I had to chime in here my top 2 recommendations a walkthru of the castle while it i…"

Dennis McCarthy replied Oct 15, 2012 to How would you makeover Downton Abbey?

22 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by William Reid

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to William Fisher's discussion Can tankless water heaters provide hot water even when the groundwater is fairly cold?
"Look at reducing the ambient humidity in the home.  The dew point is the key to the…"
yesterday
Olivia Taylor posted blog posts
yesterday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Ha, we're on the same wavelength.  That's the big question--I'm still thinking…"
Thursday
Bryan Pringle replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Thanks Norm, we'll have a couple of case studies when all is said and done. Just curious, do…"
Thursday
norman farwell replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Bryan,  I am trying the same thing for most of the same reasons and also against advice to the…"
Thursday
Morgan M Audetat commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"You would need a large bathroom to see the difference. We install them both ways depending on the…"
Thursday
Dennis Heidner commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"The key is that this is the bathroom.  Occupancy is not constant.  It is more likely used…"
Thursday
Charles Cormany commented on Sean McLoughlin's blog post Programming in-floor electric radiant heat, is it worth it?
"I have seen resistance floor heaters add nearly $100 per month to an electric bill. Since most…"
Thursday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service