Ed Minch's Discussions (134)

Discussions Replied To (115) Replies Latest Activity

"Patrick Remember what "intumescent" means - it gets bigger when it gets hot.  These…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 2, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

25 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Eric Lowry

"Ed Remember that ALL silicone is hi-temp.  If memory serves, the clear is 580 degree…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 1, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

25 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Eric Lowry

"Bud Still having a problem with this.  Here is something we can all try - it is kind…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 1, 2011 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Bud: I understand what you are trying to do - get the science right.  This is obviou…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 1, 2011 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"We have been doing instrumented audits (BD, IR, Combustion) since 1981 and have seen…"

Ed Minch replied Nov 30, 2011 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"The article you cited has this interesting tidbit: "The air parcel, however, has mas…"

Ed Minch replied Nov 30, 2011 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"I know that we don't want to raise any questions from our customers about holes in t…"

Ed Minch replied Nov 30, 2011 to Proper means to "plug" flue pipes after testing gas appliances.

25 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Eric Lowry

"Chris This would be easy to test.  Install 1/2 of an RB in an attic, then measure th…"

Ed Minch replied Nov 28, 2011 to Radiant barrier over blown in insulation

21 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

"Chris: I think we are in basic agreement.  If you want to cut your bill, you have to…"

21 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

"Chris: Your Fact Sheet states:   "These estimates generally assume R-19 ceiling insu…"

21 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"I can't think of any test I've ever taken where I wasn't able to determine what I…"
5 hours ago
jerry gentile replied to Chad Mcaulife's discussion BPI QCI Cert.
"you are spot on my friend-- during the exam I said this is ridiculous--- I have bpi certs for…"
10 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Caculation
"IT all matters,  I lot of sealing,  A lot of air barrier.  A lot of "R" A…"
23 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted a status
"BPI Infiltration and Duct leakage (IDL) Certified"
yesterday
Jeremy Begley posted a blog post
yesterday
Kim Burnett joined Sean Lintow Sr's group
Thumbnail

Best Practices (Residential)

Best Building, Retrofitting, or even Auditing Practices - what are they, what should change, what…See More
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Adam Swain's blog post Top Worst Crawl Space Insulation Ideas
"Hi Adam - It sounds like you may be referring to enclosed crawlspaces - Here in the NW we've…"
yesterday
peter chang replied to Damien Greenfield's discussion Is there is cost saving for you in having a tankless water heater?
"I think it is quite possible the greatest savings will be realized by the lowest volume users. I…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service