Ed Minch's Discussions (126)

Discussions Replied To (108) Replies Latest Activity

"Not clear what the problem is - is it upside down so you can't read it and therefore…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 28, 2012 to waste of time and material

3 Jun 28, 2012
Reply by Ed Voytovich

"We did some studies with a major regional builder in the mid-Atlantic (hot humid).  …"

Ed Minch replied Jun 22, 2012 to Insulating Rigid Ducts in attic space - best practices?

6 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"Why not beg/borrow/steal a sound meter, and caulk one and test the finished product…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 7, 2012 to Chicago misses opportunity to Air seal 2800 homes

3 Jun 8, 2012
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"Even though retrofits are not new construction, it can be instructive to look at how…"

Ed Minch replied May 31, 2012 to Type V Residential Fireblocks - One part FOAM

5 Jun 18, 2012
Reply by Tim Marlett

"Ted I believe I understand, and I agree that this method would work for hiding shell…"

Ed Minch replied Feb 25, 2012 to Hang-ups to utilizing Manual J,D & S

42 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Ted "The buoyancy of air image I think implies air temperature delta due to thermal…"

42 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Differing loads are usually associated with different floors - it is the height diff…"

42 Feb 26, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Paul What do you mean by DIY?  Can you put a flow hood over the vent cap during a te…"

Ed Minch replied Feb 16, 2012 to Vent Cap Systems for Duct Testing

13 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by Corey Breed

"Do you know what they call the guy that finishes last in his class at medical school…"

Ed Minch replied Feb 5, 2012 to The end of profits for Auditors/raters

100 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by Ed Minch

"ted: I think you may have posted to the wrong topic - we are talking about the scien…"

Ed Minch replied Jan 31, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Just like paint.  RFoller and brush or strong airless sprayer.  It has the consistency of…"
44 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"ty and thermal emission leveld of many materials including bricks and white paint.  They do…"
1 hour ago
Hal Skinner added a discussion to the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
Thumbnail

Walmart goes green in Texas

We applied cour RCC to 5 Walmart superstores in Texas.  Worked great and they wanted it.  Then they…See More
1 hour ago
Kim Tanner replied to Trip Smith's discussion Where to spend my marketing dollars?
"Direct mail doesn't do very much, in my opinion, unless you have awesome coupons! Honestly,…"
1 hour ago
"Mornn Trip and Bud, In this case all I can do is report it exactly as it was told to me.  I…"
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Hi Hal, I have no experience with your RCC product, but I can comment in regards to using a radiant…"
4 hours ago
Trip Smith replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Wow, that's pretty incredible. I'm curious as to what other energy upgrades he did to the…"
5 hours ago
Tom White's video was featured

Adaptive Thermostats - Western Cooling Efficiency Center Webinar

In buildings where variations in occupancy would fool a standard programmable thermostat, new adaptive thermostats have potential for significant energy savings
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service