Ed Minch's Discussions (134)

Discussions Replied To (115) Replies Latest Activity

"David If it were the same exterior wall we wouldn't be able to see the uninsulated c…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 14, 2013 to June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Nothing is wrong.  The back wall is common to the house and it is cool in the house.…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 13, 2013 to June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Great document - however they give short shrift to my preferred recommendation which…"

Ed Minch replied May 28, 2013 to air sealing sprinklers

8 May 28, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

"We have successfully treated this same problem in perhaps 1000 of this same house in…"

Ed Minch replied May 23, 2013 to Hot Upper Stories

17 May 23, 2013
Reply by Stan Kuhn

"My observation is this - Mid Atlantic region:  If a 2400 ft2 house is at about 5-8 A…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 18, 2013 to Looking for a cure for a warping hardwood floor not caused by a leak

17 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

"What is the charge?  What do you think it costs you to drop it off, pick it up, and…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 11, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Ted What measure did you use for IAQ?  What pollutants did you look for? Do you do i…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 11, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Look at the example on page 4 of the BPI BA standard - it says nothing about occupie…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 28, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"The only basement (in the mid-Atlantic) I would consider unconditioned is a basement…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 28, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Austin The heat pump / back up relationship is an easy one.  If the house won't heat…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 25, 2013 to Heat Pump Problem - Aux mode

5 Mar 25, 2013
Reply by Austin Brown

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
1 hour ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
1 hour ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
9 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
9 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
10 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
10 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
11 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
11 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service