Ed Minch's Discussions (139)

Discussions Replied To (120) Replies Latest Activity

"I see what you mean - but the title of the thread is: Which is the valid draft test,…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 12, 2014 to Which is the valid draft test?

14 Mar 12, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

"Ted Still too cryptic"

Ed Minch replied Mar 12, 2014 to Which is the valid draft test?

14 Mar 12, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

"A pitot tube on an airplane is pointed forward because you want to measure air speed…"

Ed Minch replied Feb 28, 2014 to Which is the valid draft test?

14 Mar 12, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

"Robert It seems that you describe filing the entire cavity between the vertical inte…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 21, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"Two things First, the house looks new enough (after 1980??) to already have fibergla…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 12, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13, 2014
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"David If it were the same exterior wall we wouldn't be able to see the uninsulated c…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 14, 2013 to June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Nothing is wrong.  The back wall is common to the house and it is cool in the house.…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 13, 2013 to June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Great document - however they give short shrift to my preferred recommendation which…"

Ed Minch replied May 28, 2013 to air sealing sprinklers

8 May 28, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

"We have successfully treated this same problem in perhaps 1000 of this same house in…"

Ed Minch replied May 23, 2013 to Hot Upper Stories

17 May 23, 2013
Reply by Stan Kuhn

"My observation is this - Mid Atlantic region:  If a 2400 ft2 house is at about 5-8 A…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 18, 2013 to Looking for a cure for a warping hardwood floor not caused by a leak

17 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"I think it would be best to keep the questions and answers on this open forum for all to see. Cali…"
45 minutes ago
Susan E. Buchan posted an event

Houses That Work in Grand Rapids, MI at Watermark Country Club

March 26, 2015 from 8am to 4:30pm
The premier building science education event for professionals is coming to Grand Rapids MI next…See More
2 hours ago
John Meniatis replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"I have also posted 2 videos that you may want to watch regarding Ygrene Energy Fund. "
13 hours ago
John Meniatis replied to Hal Skinner's discussion 'YGRENE' super fund for energy upgrade financing
"Hello Everyone! Hal, thank you for the great overview on Ygrene Energy Fund. Ygrene Energy…"
13 hours ago
Mary Desilva posted a blog post

How People in San Diego Are Facing The Energy Crisis

One of the biggest issues with living in large cities like San Diego is the sheer amount of energy…See More
yesterday
Jan Stensland replied to Linda Wigington's discussion Congrats Ceniceros Household! 26th Project to Officially Meet 1000 Home Challenge in the group 1000 Home Challenge
"You might consider installing Roxul's acoustic batts, which are not for thermal insulation and…"
yesterday
Jan Stensland joined David Eggleton's group
Thumbnail

1000 Home Challenge

Linda Wigington distinguished between deep retrofits & deep energy reductions, thus expanding…See More
yesterday
Lauren McFeeley posted events
Tuesday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service