Ed Minch's Discussions (126)

Discussions Replied To (108) Replies Latest Activity

"A pitot tube on an airplane is pointed forward because you want to measure air speed…"

Ed Minch replied Feb 28 to Which is the valid draft test?

14 Mar 12
Reply by tedkidd

"Robert It seems that you describe filing the entire cavity between the vertical inte…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 21, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"Two things First, the house looks new enough (after 1980??) to already have fibergla…"

Ed Minch replied Dec 12, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"David If it were the same exterior wall we wouldn't be able to see the uninsulated c…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 14, 2013 to June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Nothing is wrong.  The back wall is common to the house and it is cool in the house.…"

Ed Minch replied Jun 13, 2013 to June's Stump the Chump: What's Wrong with this Picture?

7 Jun 15, 2013
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Great document - however they give short shrift to my preferred recommendation which…"

Ed Minch replied May 28, 2013 to air sealing sprinklers

8 May 28, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

"We have successfully treated this same problem in perhaps 1000 of this same house in…"

Ed Minch replied May 23, 2013 to Hot Upper Stories

17 May 23, 2013
Reply by Stan Kuhn

"My observation is this - Mid Atlantic region:  If a 2400 ft2 house is at about 5-8 A…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 18, 2013 to Looking for a cure for a warping hardwood floor not caused by a leak

17 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Ed Minch

"What is the charge?  What do you think it costs you to drop it off, pick it up, and…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 11, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Ted What measure did you use for IAQ?  What pollutants did you look for? Do you do i…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 11, 2013 to Basements and BAS

16 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

John Proctor commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt: So my question is how does your device work? PSC motors generally do not reduce their…"
4 hours ago
John Proctor commented on Christopher Morin's blog post How do You Test a TXV?
"Correction 32 is the melting point, not the saturation temperature."
4 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
""I have no interest in bantering or arguing with you." AGREED! I look at these…"
6 hours ago
tedkidd replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, it appears Richard is more about getting the last word than about learning a new thing.…"
6 hours ago
Todd Collins replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Richard,  I don't believe I am missing any points.  As I mentioned... I have no…"
6 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, Your missing the point. I can only suggest for you to read all the links attached within that…"
7 hours ago
Tom Conlon replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Excellent snapshot, Griffin. You didn't happen to notice the fan manufacturer's name on…"
8 hours ago
Brandon Walton replied to Brandon Walton's discussion 12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck
"Thanks Don! "
9 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I was aware of but unfamiliar with them until moving to Southern California in 2012. After seeing…"
13 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"David,  I don't think forcing people to do things works out well for anyone.  Any…"
14 hours ago
David Eakin commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
""I believe it is our job to educate the consumer, understand the problems, help them…"
14 hours ago
Profile IconGary Fitzgerald, LOUIS ANDERSON and Jeremy Hargreaves joined Home Energy Pros
14 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service