Ed Minch's Discussions (126)

Discussions Replied To (108) Replies Latest Activity

"Colin at Retrotec has told me that you can't get any more accurate than a 120 second…"

Ed Minch replied May 15 to When is it too windy to use blower door?

9 May 20
Reply by David Baerg

"Bob I ghink you are referring to two different issues.  One is the time per cycle to…"

Ed Minch replied May 11 to Heat loss from ducts

20 May 12
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"This is definitely worth investigating if you are an air sealer and are forced to us…"

Ed Minch replied Apr 1 to Whole house air leakage

14 Apr 1
Reply by Ed Minch

"Sean I am still wondering why we need airsealing in the center of a piece of plywood…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 28 to Open cell foam and cellulose... Can they work together?

11 Mar 29
Reply by Richard Beyer

"Don Do the math on that one - any volume based measure favors big houses because the…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 27 to Whole house air leakage

14 Apr 1
Reply by Ed Minch

"Don H- +1 to everything you said.  Something to add is that it depends entirely on t…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 27 to Whole house air leakage

14 Apr 1
Reply by Ed Minch

"Why not just seal the actual leaks in the attic floor, then blow with cellulose and…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 27 to Open cell foam and cellulose... Can they work together?

11 Mar 29
Reply by Richard Beyer

"This is not the only problem with sprinklers.  Any pipe in the attic with water in i…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 20 to Fire sprinklers & air infiltration?

9 Mar 20
Reply by Ed Minch

"I see what you mean - but the title of the thread is: Which is the valid draft test,…"

Ed Minch replied Mar 12 to Which is the valid draft test?

14 Mar 12
Reply by tedkidd

"Ted Still too cryptic"

Ed Minch replied Mar 12 to Which is the valid draft test?

14 Mar 12
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner added a discussion to the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
Thumbnail

Improved acoustics

Some RCCs claim to improve acoustics .  Here are a few examples of ours.…See More
13 hours ago
Patrick Carter replied to Patrick Carter's discussion Minneapolis Blower Door & Test Equipment for Sale! in the group Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase
"As of yesterday 09/19/2014, the equipment has been sold..."
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Mornin Brett. 90 to 85, yes a slight variance there.  Same ASTM test, different scientists,…"
Friday
Bret Curry replied to Hal Skinner's discussion An example of what an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Great information Hal. It appears the thermal emissivity in your test was .85 rather than .90. Are…"
Friday
Juan Roca commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting - Garage Door opener interference
"Hi,There is a real problem with remote controls and LED lights. However, there is a solution in the…"
Friday
Profile IconJuan Roca and Elizabeth Coe joined Home Energy Pros
Thursday
Casey Gesell posted videos
Thursday
Gerald Shechter posted videos
Thursday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service