Jim Peck's Discussions (28)

Discussions Replied To (25) Replies Latest Activity

"Decades of experience in the Culinary realm give me a slightly different perspective…"

Jim Peck replied Apr 12 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21
Reply by Glen Gallo

"Ratings and software combine to make estimates True analysis comes from Consumption:…"

Jim Peck replied Mar 21 to HERS Index tracking 5 years or more after construction

18 Mar 27
Reply by Brett Little

"I would think you would want to use fiberglass.  Calculate and use a good controlled…"

Jim Peck replied Mar 21 to Best Insulation For Older Building With Potential Moisture

8 Mar 27
Reply by Roy L. Miller

"It all comes down to money, does it not? "

Jim Peck replied Mar 8 to Where do you fall in the "staged" versus "gotta be all at once" discussion?

29 Apr 6
Reply by tedkidd

"mothballs have worked for decades"

Jim Peck replied Mar 8 to How to keep mice, critters from getting into duct insulation that is under a house that is on piers.

5 Mar 13
Reply by Charles Cormany

"Yes, and when I cannot sleep I do my own version counting the length of time my FAN…"

Jim Peck replied Jan 28 to Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

23 Feb 1
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

"Mass Save has a pretty aggressive program addressing both those issues Bob"

Jim Peck replied Jan 22 to Energy Savings that Are Hot Air!

13 Jan 27
Reply by Tom Mallard

"Nice explanation.  thanks"

Jim Peck replied Dec 7, 2013 to Insulating the "walls" of a mansard-style roof.

20 Jan 13
Reply by Robert Haverlock

"Count me in as a firm advocate!"

Jim Peck replied Jul 22, 2013 to Let's hear your feedback on Home Energy Pros!

30 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Jim Peck

"Bud, My Energy awareness is an ongoing process.The first thing I always do when tryi…"

Jim Peck replied Jul 22, 2013 to HDD and internal gain.

9 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by David Williams

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Conlon posted a discussion

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
18 minutes ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Don, Thank you for the praise! I only wish that some of these profiteers could answer my questions…"
2 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, This report (attached link) below on poor people living in subsidized housing show's…"
3 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 4 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
4 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted discussions
4 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Glad to help! OK, a touch of soap box. So long as we don't tell people EE is free and…"
5 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Bob, Good idea. I see that you are a window energy reduction expert. You might consider adding…"
6 hours ago
Robert (Bob) Bacon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt, I would explain what energy/efficiency problem this device solves and explain the science the…"
6 hours ago
Ben Jacobs replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"I agree that in many homes the indoor air sucks.  However, a lot of this problem is caused…"
8 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Tom, thank you for your odd reference to a leaky duck. It is a bit off topic since I was not asking…"
8 hours ago
Tom Delconte commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Shameless self promotion here sucks like a leaky duck!"
10 hours ago
Profile IconJohn A Deuth, Lisa M. Harr and Ramon Aguirre joined Home Energy Pros
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service