Brad Cook's Discussions (26)

Discussions Replied To (21) Replies Latest Activity

"A common cause that I have seen is undersized gas supply piping, especially when a c…"

Brad Cook replied Jun 12 to Fixing a water heater?

14 Jul 31
Reply by Larry Nissman

"Here in central Vermont, we see houses from the 1800s with brick walls as part of th…"

Brad Cook replied Mar 14 to Closed-Cell Foam & Brick Walls

4 Mar 15
Reply by Patrick Michaelyan

"I would argue that ALL projects are "staged", unless it is a NetZero project. There…"

Brad Cook replied Mar 8 to Where do you fall in the "staged" versus "gotta be all at once" discussion?

29 Apr 6
Reply by tedkidd

"Dennis, you make some very good suggestions. My philosophy is that we should be look…"

Brad Cook replied Feb 7 to The growing need for lighting auditors

13 Feb 10
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"When the wind is breezy, I use long term averaging. The more the pressure jumps arou…"

Brad Cook replied Jan 13 to Long term average

2 Jan 16
Reply by Bud Poll

"Walk away. To be blunt, in my opinion, if you are asking these questions on this pro…"

Brad Cook replied Dec 13, 2013 to Water Water Everywhere

4 Dec 14, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Learn to take better pictures. Use the flash more often and focus! Without being the…"

Brad Cook replied Nov 16, 2013 to French door air sealing

10 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Kevin Brauer

"Everything that I have read on the subject agrees with what John Nicholas presented.…"

Brad Cook replied Oct 25, 2013 to Calculating attic ventilation

27 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Roy L. Miller

""When we add Vapor-permeable Air Barrier to those knee walls just how much exactly t…"

Brad Cook replied Oct 19, 2013 to Just how much does adding air barrier to a knee wall insulation increase it's performance?

29 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Jack Baikoff

"It wasn't until about 1994 that it was discovered that there asbestos was found in t…"

Brad Cook replied Sep 22, 2013 to Vermiculite in the fireplace

8 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Brian Robinson

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Aaren Stewart posted a discussion

HVAC - Cooling and Heating Load Reduction

Common load reduction strategies include:      Tightening your building covering and adding…See More
4 minutes ago
Kevin Jordan posted a photo
5 hours ago
Mike Burton joined allen p tanner's group
Thumbnail

Energy Auditing Equipment for Sale, Trade or to Purchase

Discuss the pros and cons of the equipment you are interested in prior to purchase. Post equipment…See More
7 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Trip Smith's discussion Starting a Home Weatherization Business. Considering it...
"Hi Tri,p Your 'Yard sign' comment caught my eye.  I work with a Radiant Barrier…"
7 hours ago
Profile IconEric Kjelshus and Trip Smith joined James Sayers's group
Thumbnail

Marketing Energy Efficiency

Sharing ideas, tools and examples of promoting energy efficiency to consumersSee More
9 hours ago
Bob Blanchette replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"When it costs the same price as 2 separate systems there is no juice regardless of how hard you…"
10 hours ago
j. west shared Christopher Morin's blog post on Facebook
16 hours ago
j. west commented on Christopher Morin's blog post UPDATED: Big Changes for Duct Testing in MA
"You're right Christopher- the trick to saving the profit margin is being in several places at…"
16 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service