Dennis Heidner's Discussions (135)

Discussions Replied To (110) Replies Latest Activity

"There are quite a few different products available,  Touch'n Foam offers FireBreak.…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Look for large recessed can covers that are fire proof.   Tenmat makes some.   They…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"You also need to consider that if you have a fire,  the speaker and their boxes coul…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"What brand organic LED's are you using? And yes, the first or second generation LED…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to The answer to the question - Where's the LED zealot now that we could use his input?

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"What kind of sun exposure do they have?   Perhaps splitting between solarPV and sola…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to Elec Coil heat vs Heat Pump

14 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by George J. Nesbitt

"The NAHB numbers really looked "cooked",  they will do a good job on their reputatio…"

Dennis Heidner replied Jun 27, 2013 to Building Codes to be voted on in Oct.

4 Jul 19, 2013
Reply by Corbett Lunsford

"How much detail do you want?  Kill-A-Watt can give simple loads, TED gives better de…"

Dennis Heidner replied Jun 11, 2013 to Electrical system data loggers

19 Jun 22, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

"Best explanation: http://www.winecellarinnovations.com/blog/2011/01/05/wine-101-pa…"

Dennis Heidner replied Jun 9, 2013 to How to Add a Passively Cooled Wine Cellar?

11 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"$12.95 is a bargain for the can...  bet it didn't include the trim... that probably…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 31, 2013 to Boxing and Insulating Around Non-ICAT Cans

9 May 31, 2013
Reply by peter chang

"If fthese are OLD cans,  I would suggest you really want to replace them with IC Air…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 27, 2013 to Boxing and Insulating Around Non-ICAT Cans

9 May 31, 2013
Reply by peter chang

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
36 minutes ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
1 hour ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
8 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
8 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
9 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
9 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
10 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service