Dennis Heidner's Discussions (131)

Discussions Replied To (106) Replies Latest Activity

"Standby for the recalls... The last picture shows the power lines running over the…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 16, 2013 to LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"Even though checking for those items were may not have been on the previous check li…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 9, 2013 to Are Energy Pros the OB-GYNs of the Real Estate Industry?

4 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Tom Conlon

"I understand the differences in the technologies -- it (VU1) also wasn't a CRT in th…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to The answer to the question - Where's the LED zealot now that we could use his input?

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Thanks,  I've seen the Lumiotec light.  I had been watching the various lighting gro…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to The answer to the question - Where's the LED zealot now that we could use his input?

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"From techstreet -- holder of some of the UL documents.... about UL-1715 "This test…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"The reason for using the sealant and foam ontop of the Tenmat hat is to address air…"

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"There are quite a few different products available,  Touch'n Foam offers FireBreak.…"

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Look for large recessed can covers that are fire proof.   Tenmat makes some.   They…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"You also need to consider that if you have a fire,  the speaker and their boxes coul…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"What brand organic LED's are you using? And yes, the first or second generation LED…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 7, 2013 to The answer to the question - Where's the LED zealot now that we could use his input?

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
2 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
3 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
5 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
6 hours ago
Michael Dunseith posted photos
19 hours ago
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
22 hours ago
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

Alliant Energy's PowerHouse TV: Sealing Leaky Ductwork

"Very educational. thanks for sharing Tom."
yesterday
Hal Skinner posted a discussion

How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?

I am asking this as I do not recall anyone speaking of any study to this end.  Many comments about…See More
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service