Dennis Heidner's Discussions (135)

Discussions Replied To (110) Replies Latest Activity

"Correct,  but if it fails - and someone gets a ladder out to check on the light.  Gu…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 16, 2013 to LED Fixtures Hitting Shelfs

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"The hot wire is running right over the active LED components,  the movistor is right…"

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"Yes, they will fail open - its the process in between that you have to worry about.…"

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"I've seen many MOV's fail but the fuse remains.  They just heat up and fry the area…"

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"Standby for the recalls... The last picture shows the power lines running over the…"

16 Aug 4
Reply by reflintorm

"Even though checking for those items were may not have been on the previous check li…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 9, 2013 to Are Energy Pros the OB-GYNs of the Real Estate Industry?

4 Aug 26, 2013
Reply by Tom Conlon

"I understand the differences in the technologies -- it (VU1) also wasn't a CRT in th…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to The answer to the question - Where's the LED zealot now that we could use his input?

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Thanks,  I've seen the Lumiotec light.  I had been watching the various lighting gro…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to The answer to the question - Where's the LED zealot now that we could use his input?

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"From techstreet -- holder of some of the UL documents.... about UL-1715 "This test…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

"The reason for using the sealant and foam ontop of the Tenmat hat is to address air…"

Dennis Heidner replied Aug 8, 2013 to Insulating in-wall/in-ceiling speakers

26 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Pat Dundon

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette posted a discussion

Dual Fuel Systems, at what point do they make sense?

Heat Pump with furnace backup. These make no sense in our area with local NG rates, but they do…See More
2 hours ago
Bob Blanchette joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
2 hours ago
Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
yesterday
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
yesterday
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
yesterday
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
yesterday
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service