Dennis Heidner's Discussions (172)

Discussions Replied To (147) Replies Latest Activity

"Dennis McCarthy,  not sure if you've seen this... "Cree Sheds Light on Development o…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 16, 2014 to Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

4 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

"It is okay as long as you remember  both green and red are the colors that can not b…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 13, 2014 to Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

4 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by reflintorm

"Good point.   The low cost iPhone cameras are also opportunities for teaching moment…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 13, 2014 to Smartphone Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera

12 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"The resolution and sensitivity of the kickstarter version -- makes it mostly a novel…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 10, 2014 to Smartphone Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera

12 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Probably closer to $70... I've been buying at about $35/tube in singles... The life…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 10, 2014 to The growing need for lighting auditors

15 Jan 10
Reply by Don Fitchett

"Sorry,  I couldn't resist ... (PIX below) the bulbs below were collected in my house…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 9, 2014 to The growing need for lighting auditors

15 Jan 10
Reply by Don Fitchett

"There may be less of a job opportunity in light auditing than suggested.  Interior d…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 9, 2014 to The growing need for lighting auditors

15 Jan 10
Reply by Don Fitchett

"You can still modify standard cameras to operate in the near infrared range.  I have…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 9, 2014 to Smartphone Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera

12 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Some thermostats also allow adding multiple sensors and then averaging them.  Any se…"

Dennis Heidner replied Jan 16, 2014 to Remote temperature sensor for wired thermostat

5 Jan 23, 2014
Reply by dale conner

"Has utility suggested where water is entering system...I can't imagine it being on t…"

Dennis Heidner replied Jan 10, 2014 to Low Gas Pressure

8 Jan 15, 2014
Reply by Tom DelConte

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Jerry Lawrence posted events
16 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Bryan Pringle's discussion Dense packed cellulose in basement?
"Right you are. You have to ask: what will the cellulose contribute.  Here in Minneapolis we…"
18 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"All slabs float. We have been installing radiant floors on various slab constructions since the…"
18 hours ago
Tony Hicks replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"2" XPS foam. I'd love an R-20. Having foam thick enough to get an R-20 would be…"
19 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"Sorry, I did missed the "siding nailed directly to the framing", my grandfather would…"
19 hours ago
Morgan M Audetat replied to Larry Schaffert's discussion How to correctly insulate exterior wall in a 1900 house?
"My own farm house is sided with 1/2" t&g pine boards and vinyl. We foamed then from the…"
20 hours ago
Tony Hicks replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"Great thought! I think that would work. I'll have to put the cost together and see where I…"
20 hours ago
Danny Gough replied to Tony Hicks's discussion Slab-on-grade Insulation
"This is a tough detail because the foam on the edge of a slab doesn't provide sufficient…"
yesterday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service