Dennis Heidner's Discussions (138)

Discussions Replied To (113) Replies Latest Activity

"About 125 years - and they were deemed government property that was no longer needed…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 23, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"How efficient of a furnace are you starting with... My guess is others will say the…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 22, 2013 to Cycling Losses for Gas Furnaces

4 Nov 30, 2013
Reply by Jan E. Graveamker

"Scott,  in fact if you look at the sankey  diagrams from Lawrence Livermore.  They h…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 22, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Not everyone will put solarPV (or a distributed generation) on their property. There…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 22, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Our local utility experimented with TOU about eight years ago.  The back away from i…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 18, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"I disagree that it is only a matter of time before all utilities bills are based on…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 17, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"I would suggest also visiting the NAHB  (National Association of Home Builders) webs…"

Dennis Heidner replied Nov 15, 2013 to Student needs help for HVAC research project

7 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by prisco tammaro

"It is worth noting that the CPUC study cited is for "investor owned utilities"  not…"

Dennis Heidner replied Oct 25, 2013 to Should Homeowners with PV Get Paid Retail or Wholesale Prices for their Excess Electricity?

24 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"I disagree with cleaning the A-coil being more effective than fixing or moving away…"

Dennis Heidner replied Oct 8, 2013 to Underground ductwork

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"Unless you use a plastic like material - they rot out.  HVAC also is used for air co…"

Dennis Heidner replied Sep 13, 2013 to Underground ductwork

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Chie Kawahara's discussion was featured

THC Candidate Shares Energy Data

Midori Haus, a Passive House retrofit in Santa Cruz California and a Thousand Home Challenge…See More
3 minutes ago
Bob Blanchette's discussion was featured

How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?

Some claim that modern furnaces have minimized off cycle losses to the point they no longer matter.…See More
4 minutes ago
Dale Stephens's blog post was featured

LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting

Background:In November 2012 I replaced 80% of my home's interior lighting with LEDs (35 bulbs…See More
6 minutes ago
Home Energy Magazine's blog post was featured
7 minutes ago
Chad Mcaulife replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
"     I am by no means trying to challenge your knowledge in the subject. …"
10 minutes ago
Home Energy Magazine posted a blog post
17 minutes ago
Colin Genge replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
"Sales said, barring use for writing an article, you can buy one and have 30 days to try it out with…"
3 hours ago
Colin Genge replied to billy g pinnick jr's discussion Blower Door Question
"I assume from Billy's text that he is maintaining -50 Pa as he is sealing. I have done tech…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service