Dennis Heidner's Discussions (135)

Discussions Replied To (110) Replies Latest Activity

"First,  always check with your utility.  Sometimes the utilities have made arrangeme…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 15 to Where did you buy your LED lights?

23 Nov 14
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Several things to consider: 1) The hot water usage. The first unit (Amazon) is only…"

Dennis Heidner replied Apr 29 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"I believe PolyISO can absorb moisture if it gets wet... and it would get heavy.  Mak…"

Dennis Heidner replied Mar 18 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Dennis McCarthy,  not sure if you've seen this... "Cree Sheds Light on Development o…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 16 to Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

4 8 hours ago
Reply by reflintorm

"It is okay as long as you remember  both green and red are the colors that can not b…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 13 to Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .

4 8 hours ago
Reply by reflintorm

"Good point.   The low cost iPhone cameras are also opportunities for teaching moment…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 13 to Smartphone Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera

12 Feb 13
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"The resolution and sensitivity of the kickstarter version -- makes it mostly a novel…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 10 to Smartphone Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera

12 Feb 13
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Probably closer to $70... I've been buying at about $35/tube in singles... The life…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 10 to The growing need for lighting auditors

13 Feb 10
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Sorry,  I couldn't resist ... (PIX below) the bulbs below were collected in my house…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 9 to The growing need for lighting auditors

13 Feb 10
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"There may be less of a job opportunity in light auditing than suggested.  Interior d…"

Dennis Heidner replied Feb 9 to The growing need for lighting auditors

13 Feb 10
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Shashank Kirloskar posted a blog post

Important Facts about Solar Energy

“I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I hope we don’t have to wait…See More
7 hours ago
reflintorm replied to Dennis McCarthy's discussion Solid state lighting - saves lives- and it improves life .
"In my observation, In most of the lightning appliances led bulbs are used because of their…"
8 hours ago
Chad Mcaulife posted photos
15 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
16 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
16 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
17 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
17 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
17 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service