Dennis Heidner's Discussions (132)

Discussions Replied To (107) Replies Latest Activity

"The small heat loss from the heater and keeping the area warm is exactly something t…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 27 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Absolutely!   I sometimes cringe when I've seen some of the DIY tankless installatio…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 25 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"And that really is a very good point.    I have friend/relative that really seem to…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 25 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"That really depends on your location.  Northern climates yes,  but Hawaii,  or clima…"

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Yes,  and the authors unit (Marey) is probably okay,  until you look at what else mi…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 23 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"AO Smith Vertex is about $1600, 90% efficient, 78,000 BTU,  which means you might be…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 23 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"Nearly all the manufacturers also offer tanked condensing gas hotwater heaters with…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 22 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"First,  always check with your utility.  Sometimes the utilities have made arrangeme…"

Dennis Heidner replied May 15 to Where did you buy your LED lights?

19 Jun 13
Reply by Thorfiredirect

"Several things to consider: 1) The hot water usage. The first unit (Amazon) is only…"

Dennis Heidner replied Apr 29 to Tankless Water Heaters... has their time finally come?

32 May 28
Reply by Dennis Heidner

"I believe PolyISO can absorb moisture if it gets wet... and it would get heavy.  Mak…"

Dennis Heidner replied Mar 18 to Rigid Foam (Polyiso) as a Weather-Resistive Barrier

10 Mar 18
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Chris Laumer-Giddens's blog post was featured

Mini-Split Heat Pumps are Quirky, Especially their Capacity

Mini-Split Heat Pumps are Quirky and Still EffectiveThe name "mini-splits" generally refers to heat…See More
21 minutes ago
Melissa Ulbricht's blog post was featured

When windows aren't the culprit of a leaky building, solve the mystery with an energy audit.

Liz Vogel replaced the windows and updated the heating system in her small multifamily building in…See More
21 minutes ago
Elizabeth Coe is now a member of Home Energy Pros
52 minutes ago
Trip Smith replied to Trip Smith's discussion Where to spend my marketing dollars?
"Thanks for the reply Kim! I've checked out your profile and it appears you work for the…"
57 minutes ago
Aaren Stewart posted a discussion

Let's solve this HVAC quiz!!!

Answer these three simple problems of your HVAC systems, let's see how much you know your system…See More
8 hours ago
Chris Laumer-Giddens posted a blog post

Mini-Split Heat Pumps are Quirky, Especially their Capacity

Mini-Split Heat Pumps are Quirky and Still EffectiveThe name "mini-splits" generally refers to heat…See More
17 hours ago
Jan Green posted an event

Solar Course for Appraisers at SRP's Pera Club

November 13, 2014 to November 14, 2014
"As the US continues to search for energy alternatives, properties improved with solar PV…See More
17 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What an RCC can do with no R- insulation in the walls.
"Just like paint.  RFoller and brush or strong airless sprayer.  It has the consistency of…"
20 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service