Glen Gallo's Discussions (86)

Discussions Replied To (81) Replies Latest Activity

"Kurt, Radiant barrier certainly works well when installed as you are doing. you shou…"

Glen Gallo replied Aug 7 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"Number 3 ring should be more accurate. This is according to my HERS training which I…"

Glen Gallo replied Aug 6 to Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

19 on Friday
Reply by Paul Morin

"Ted While I agree with fix the house anywhere in the country before adding measures.…"

Glen Gallo replied Aug 6 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"Title 24 requires whole house fans in zones 8-14 in the prescriptive path only. With…"

Glen Gallo replied Jul 31 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"Kurt, I think cost of operation is always a factor but I am not sure I would leave i…"

Glen Gallo replied Jul 30 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically…"

Glen Gallo replied Jul 29 to Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were p…"

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"I do not like them and I am in Southern California. I think the whole house fan in p…"

73 Aug 14
Reply by Kurt Shafer

"While I dabble a bit on the HVAC side and understand much of it I do not claim exper…"

Glen Gallo replied Jun 6 to What would be your preference?

7 Jun 7
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"always hard to solve what you cannot see. I use a method which for lack of a better…"

Glen Gallo replied May 6 to Square Recessed Lights

8 May 6
Reply by Glen Gallo

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Why not get 2 systems if it's the same price? Furnaces are mass produced keeping costs down,…"
1 hour ago
Christopher Morin posted a blog post
12 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"That is also one of my concerns about adding new insulation over old.  On a consultation I…"
17 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"The only time I was present during dense packing of an attic with cellulose, people who were…"
17 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"See "Why Pay for Two Condensing Systems When One Will Do?" by Schoenbauer et al…"
17 hours ago
Bud Poll posted a discussion

Another benefit from air sealing

From our perspective air sealing should often be the first step, but when explaining its importance…See More
17 hours ago
Brett Little posted events
19 hours ago
Brett Little's 2 events were featured
20 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service