Graham Irwin's Discussions (19)

Discussions Replied To (19) Replies Latest Activity

"If you applied 100 CFM to the kitchen on demand, it would meet the 62.2 requirement,…"

Graham Irwin replied May 1 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22
Reply by Kaushal Bharath Raju

"This is pretty unsettling! To clarify, the presence of a recirculating hood is not a…"

Graham Irwin replied May 1 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"0.006 ACH50 would be better, but not feasibly attainable. 1.5 vs 0.6 ACH50 makes a b…"

Graham Irwin replied Apr 30 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"True, a vessel leaking water at the same rate would lose more energy, but since the…"

Graham Irwin replied Apr 30 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"I take issue with your reasoning. Since Passive House is a performance metric, the c…"

85 May 22

"It's interesting to me that ASHRAE 62.2 requires a kitchen exhaust vented directly t…"

85 May 22

"I've been involved with a number of Passive House retrofits in California, including…"

Graham Irwin replied Apr 24 to Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.

85 May 22

"Remember to convert CFM (cubic feet per MINUTE) to cubic feet per HOUR (i.e. ft3/hr…"

Graham Irwin replied Jan 27 to Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

23 Feb 1
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

"Bud, "In an article from one of the developers of the "n" number he stated the resu…"

Graham Irwin replied Jan 27 to Calculating BTU lost per cfm leaks

23 Feb 1
Reply by Dmitri A Martin

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Profile IconWes Anderson, Jean-Paul and Bryan joined Home Energy Pros
6 hours ago
Dennis Heidner commented on Dale Stephens's blog post LED Lighting 24-month update 18,240 hours & counting
"Dale, good write up. For the landscaping bulbs,  if they had been T3 12V wedge bulbs,  I…"
23 hours ago
Brett Little commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"It's very true! So many people and contractors have tons of insulated attics but no air seal…"
yesterday
Chris Leach replied to Richard Beyer's discussion "The Dangers of Using Spray Foam Insulation"
"The problems will surface soon enough . Why don't we take a second look at this over rated…"
yesterday
Don Fitchett commented on Tom White's video
yesterday
tedkidd replied to Bob Blanchette's discussion How does Cycles Per Hour affect real world AFUE?
"Want to spot a simpleton? It's a guy who thinks EE and comfort are disconnected.  Want…"
yesterday
tedkidd commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"Nice post Tom! I really like how he puts that. Leveraging interests so they can optimize…"
yesterday
Kent Mitchell commented on Tom White's blog post Clean Energy Works Oregon: Total Home Performance
"As a contractor in the region - we frequently wonder how/why you can be a non-profit?  Oregon…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service