David Meiland's Discussions (144)

Discussions Replied To (127) Replies Latest Activity

"Most houses with active K&T are going to have a fair amount of it on the attic f…"

David Meiland replied Feb 26, 2012 to Knob and tube

9 Mar 2, 2012
Reply by Chris Stratton

"You can buy either a Minneapolis or RetroTec blower door and be perfectly satisfied.…"

David Meiland replied Feb 25, 2012 to Equipment Reviews: Blower Doors and IR Cameras

14 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Joel Greenberg

"Blower door and IR are great but no use to you unless you either (a) spend the entir…"

David Meiland replied Feb 24, 2012 to Local Utility Offering $50 Audits, Worth It?

26 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Dan Buell

"I used to go to Splinter Group meetings in the East Bay... tons 'o contractors..."

David Meiland replied Feb 22, 2012 to SF Bay Area Networking

4 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Tom White

"You might actually have a tight house there. The typical HRV I see is installed in a…"

David Meiland replied Feb 11, 2012 to Heat Recovery Ventilator - Iced Up

13 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Is the house tight enough and the occupant load high enough to require ventilation?"

David Meiland replied Feb 10, 2012 to Heat Recovery Ventilator - Iced Up

13 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Phil, you've used at least a couple of other threads to bring out your soapbox. I'd…"

David Meiland replied Feb 5, 2012 to Resnet and NATE and BPI

13 Feb 9, 2012
Reply by John Webb

"I think Glen knows what LEED stands for, and was suggesting it should be changed to…"

David Meiland replied Feb 4, 2012 to Is LEED Lip Stick on a Pig?

6 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by William H Nickerson

"It'll make me think twice about renewing my cert. I only deal with one entity that a…"

David Meiland replied Jan 31, 2012 to $ 250 for BPI exam, $ 500 for field exam !

3 Feb 3, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

"There are many cases of low-e windows apparently melting vinyl siding on neighboring…"

David Meiland replied Jan 27, 2012 to Will it ever be against the law to install a window that reflects sunlight?

3 Jan 27, 2012
Reply by David Meiland

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, While it's true I did some of the finish work myself, I also acted as my own…"
12 minutes ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thank you Linda for your response; and your generosity in sharing your suggestion and hope. I…"
17 minutes ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Wow...thank you so much for your response Alice! I really appreciate it. It is simply amazing all…"
28 minutes ago
Tom White's 3 videos were featured
59 minutes ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
59 minutes ago
Sharon Block's 3 events were featured
59 minutes ago
Tom White posted videos
1 hour ago
Linda Wigington replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal I just spent more than an hour on a detailed response and lost when I decided to check the…"
1 hour ago
Sharon Block posted events
1 hour ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, I understand your predicament, as I also have a house in Berkeley that I wanted to…"
1 hour ago
"Thanks Graham for that. It was also my belief that the cost difference between remodeling and doing…"
3 hours ago
"Thanks Jim! I'll be sure to check that out."
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service