David Meiland's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (129) Replies Latest Activity

"I get Facebook updates from a home inspector named Joe Hancaviz, who's back east som…"

David Meiland replied Feb 7, 2013 to Ahhh...home inspection! The things we find!

1 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by David Meiland

"Kari, here is a similar product, no aluminum frame. I have no experience with these,…"

David Meiland replied Feb 7, 2013 to Any feedback on Advanced Energy Panels (window insulation panels)?

34 Mar 7, 2013
Reply by David D'Arpino

"Brad, the dryer box itself is simply a way to cleanly route the flex connector from…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Venting a clothes dryer through an unheated garage

10 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Any chance that duct is configured as some sort of "economizer"? A/C is not common h…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Brad, just curious, if the dryer is against an exterior wall, could you not install…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Venting a clothes dryer through an unheated garage

10 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Others have given good ideas for roughly measuring the actual airflow. If I had a bi…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Robert, you can save time by simply jacking one edge of the house. Lift it enough to…"

David Meiland replied Oct 18, 2012 to Floor insulation attachment

16 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Those "lightning rods" rarely make for a good installation in my opinion. They depen…"

David Meiland replied Oct 18, 2012 to Floor insulation attachment

16 Oct 18, 2012

"Seems like a good question for one or more of the insulation manufacturers. When we…"

David Meiland replied Oct 17, 2012 to Floor insulation attachment

16 Oct 18, 2012

"It doesn't work like you apparently think it does. Yes, the anemometer head gives yo…"

David Meiland replied Sep 29, 2012 to Tired of climbing ladders and reaching to find air leaks during blower door test I have a solution!!!

17 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Damien Herold

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Chad Mcaulife posted photos
7 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Jeremy Begley's blog post The Home Envelope : Does it Really Matter in a Heat Loss Calculation
"Infiltration makes a HUGE difference. Look at the heat loads on a windy day vs. a calm one. On a…"
7 hours ago
Bob Blanchette commented on Everblue's blog post Poor HVAC Installation Leads to Increased Energy Use
"That explains a LOT of why HVAC system continue to be sized by the same "rule of thumb"…"
8 hours ago
Profile IconChristian Asdal and Shashank Kirloskar joined Home Energy Pros
8 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Digg
9 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on StumbleUpon
9 hours ago
Don Fitchett shared their video on Twitter
9 hours ago
Mark posted events
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service