David Meiland's Discussions (144)

Discussions Replied To (127) Replies Latest Activity

"Any chance that duct is configured as some sort of "economizer"? A/C is not common h…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Brad, just curious, if the dryer is against an exterior wall, could you not install…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Venting a clothes dryer through an unheated garage

10 Jan 25, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Others have given good ideas for roughly measuring the actual airflow. If I had a bi…"

David Meiland replied Jan 25, 2013 to Measuring fresh air intake ducted to a return and no way of measuring from outside.

22 Feb 7, 2013
Reply by Dale Sherman

"Robert, you can save time by simply jacking one edge of the house. Lift it enough to…"

David Meiland replied Oct 18, 2012 to Floor insulation attachment

16 Oct 18, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Those "lightning rods" rarely make for a good installation in my opinion. They depen…"

David Meiland replied Oct 18, 2012 to Floor insulation attachment

16 Oct 18, 2012

"Seems like a good question for one or more of the insulation manufacturers. When we…"

David Meiland replied Oct 17, 2012 to Floor insulation attachment

16 Oct 18, 2012

"It doesn't work like you apparently think it does. Yes, the anemometer head gives yo…"

David Meiland replied Sep 29, 2012 to Tired of climbing ladders and reaching to find air leaks during blower door test I have a solution!!!

17 Nov 26, 2012
Reply by Damien Herold

"Dennis, I think most people would benefit from a short list of LED bulbs to be used…"

David Meiland replied Sep 20, 2012 to I was asked - Hey , LED guy do you have any recommendations...

3 Sep 21, 2012
Reply by Roch Naleway

"There's no "reply" button for me on Robert's post with the inverted U-trap photo, bu…"

David Meiland replied Sep 16, 2012 to Locating the Neutral Pressure Plane

49 Sep 18, 2012
Reply by Bud Poll

"Did you give back the moisture meter?? Green Building Advisor had a piece recently…"

David Meiland replied Sep 13, 2012 to Winter condensation on windows in a house that is very well insulated.

53 Nov 5, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  You are the first person who has ever told me they prefer lower CFM. What you left out…"
31 minutes ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Tamarack has lower CFM than typical fans and has a insulated lid that automatically closes when fan…"
46 minutes ago
Tom Conlon's discussion was featured

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
2 hours ago
Tom White shared Brandon Walton's blog post on Twitter
2 hours ago
Brandon Walton's blog post was featured

12 Things Every Home Performance Contractor Should Have on Their Work Truck

Every home is unique and differs from the last. It would be a perfect world (from a project…See More
2 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
3 hours ago
Griffin Hagle replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Kurt, Whoops, looks like I got my links mixed up. Thanks for pointing that out. Here's the…"
3 hours ago
Kurt Shafer replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"Glen,  I went to Homepower.com and did a search for whole house fan. Could not find that…"
4 hours ago
Glen Gallo replied to Tom Conlon's discussion Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?
"I no longer have my subscription to the Home Power Magazine but these figures were pulled from the…"
4 hours ago
"Glen,  I read your blog with some interest.  You say  " Per the Home…"
4 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Scott Mellberg's blog post Lessons from Energy Efficiency Advisors: Getting Homeowners Onboard with Home Performance
"OMG, you are one of those myopic thinkers are you? Others do it better therefore drastic action is…"
4 hours ago
"I do not like them and I am in Southern California. I think the whole house fan in prescriptive…"
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service