David Meiland's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (129) Replies Latest Activity

"I hadn't seen those before, but they look like they're intended for plugging holes i…"

David Meiland replied Mar 10, 2011 to Drilling through a flue pipe of a power-vented combustion appliance

17 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"AC Tool and Home Inspector Essentials are also good sources."

David Meiland replied Mar 10, 2011 to combustion appliance testing equipment

8 Apr 1, 2011
Reply by Ed Voytovich

"Best case is that you remove the boards and the existing insulation completely befor…"

David Meiland replied Mar 7, 2011 to Enclosed Attic Insulation - Uncover or not?

6 Mar 19, 2011
Reply by Tom Lewis

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7sExbFO8w   In this one he drills and tests a PVC f…"

David Meiland replied Mar 2, 2011 to Drilling through a flue pipe of a power-vented combustion appliance

17 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"I don't have any answers to your questions, but thanks for sharing those photos--the…"

David Meiland replied Mar 1, 2011 to Rebate programs for injection foam? Not sure.

17 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by Erin Buchanan

"He's probably talking about Aeroseal http://www.aeroseal.com/ I have no experience w…"

David Meiland replied Feb 22, 2011 to Duct Sealing Spray From the Inside

11 Feb 28, 2011
Reply by Evan Mills

"I did a couple of duplex/triplex units last week and was told to test one unit at a…"

David Meiland replied Feb 17, 2011 to What kind of experience have folks had using blower doors in multifamily buildings?

2 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by Graeme Nix

"What about dropping a weight on a string from the attic and seeing if you hit someth…"

David Meiland replied Feb 15, 2011 to How to tell if home is balloon framed with IR Camera?

4 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by Joseph J. Ilacqua

"I would consider using cellulose insulation blown in between the rafters, rather tha…"

David Meiland replied Feb 12, 2011 to Nailbase insulation vs. 2 layers of tuff-r with staggered seams

2 Mar 1, 2011
Reply by Robert H

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bob Blanchette replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"The landlords don't want the improvements done even if they don't have to pay for it?…"
17 hours ago
Hal Skinner posted a discussion
17 hours ago
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion Any success getting landlords to energy upgrade a single family rental unit?
"Hi Bob, The tenants all say they cant do anything to the building.  We would get referred…"
19 hours ago
Tom White commented on Tom White's video
Thumbnail

The Future of Housing - And How Airtightness Can Help

"Ben's Kickstarter documentary, The Future of Housing, was fully funded. The grand premiere…"
yesterday
Tom White's video was featured

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?"
yesterday
peter chang's discussion was featured

Programmable tstat for electric baseboard?

Ok, just want to throw this out there. I live in the high desert, 6800' or so. My house is pretty…See More
yesterday
Tom White posted a video

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com

TED Talks Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?" His examples include Apple, Martin Luther King, and the Wright brothers ... (Filmed at TEDxPugetSound.)
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted a photo
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service