David Meiland's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (130) Replies Latest Activity

"I would call or email the Energy Conservatory. They have some very knowledgeable fol…"

David Meiland replied May 1, 2011 to Blowing smoke - into ducts to find leaks

5 May 12, 2011
Reply by Bruce Looney

"Something like SpunStrand?"

David Meiland replied Apr 29, 2011 to Insulation for in ground ducts?

1 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"It's hard to get decent efficiency from typical gas storage heaters. Ruud has some m…"

David Meiland replied Apr 26, 2011 to Budget Water Heater efficiency upgrades - What works best?

6 May 2, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

"Tom, this topic has been discussed a number of times at the JLC Online "Business Tec…"

David Meiland replied Apr 12, 2011 to CRM software-- any recommendations?

2 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by Abe J Degnan

"I don't know how simple this question is. There is data on weatherization outcomes a…"

David Meiland replied Apr 10, 2011 to Need Solar-v-Weatherization savings comparison graph

6 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

"Dale, get your ground cover installed and sealed everywhere, and make sure surface w…"

David Meiland replied Apr 9, 2011 to Sealing crawlspaces and insulating them with polyurethane foam

16 May 13, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"George, one product for crawlspace VB is Dura-Skrim. I am very skeptical of spraying…"

David Meiland replied Apr 6, 2011 to Sealing crawlspaces and insulating them with polyurethane foam

16 May 13, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"As far as I know, all blower door is 50, duct is 25, and if you were doing duct to o…"

David Meiland replied Mar 30, 2011 to 2009 IECC Certificate Labels

4 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Jim Peck

"Take a look at this and see if it helps: http://energy.wsu.edu/Documents/Qtr_Sheet_W…"

David Meiland replied Mar 29, 2011 to 2009 IECC Certificate Labels

4 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Jim Peck

"As far as I can tell, the intent of the BPI standard is to determine whether or not…"

David Meiland replied Mar 14, 2011 to Drilling through a flue pipe of a power-vented combustion appliance

17 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"I am curious now.  They require a penetration firewall in the wall system but do not require a…"
28 minutes ago
Mike Kandel posted discussions
38 minutes ago
Mike Kandel added 2 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
39 minutes ago
Hal Skinner replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"WOW.  30 years working and m,eeting with every kind of contractor and never heard of this…"
1 hour ago
Tony Rigdon replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"The building inspector when he inspected my footing told me about the drywall on the outside being…"
3 hours ago
Profile IconSuskin Lockett Jr, Yoomie Ahn, Lindy Wordlaw and 6 more joined Home Energy Pros
3 hours ago
Tony Rigdon replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"Bud, I'm in Columbia, MO so Zone 4 Mixed Humid. I had never heard about drywall on the outside…"
3 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Tony Rigdon's discussion Placement of 5/8" firewall, over or under foam board insulation?
"I am pretty sure he is talking about using commercial drywall designed for this type of purpose and…"
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service