David Meiland's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (130) Replies Latest Activity

"I would call or email the Energy Conservatory. They have some very knowledgeable fol…"

David Meiland replied May 1, 2011 to Blowing smoke - into ducts to find leaks

5 May 12, 2011
Reply by Bruce Looney

"Something like SpunStrand?"

David Meiland replied Apr 29, 2011 to Insulation for in ground ducts?

1 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"It's hard to get decent efficiency from typical gas storage heaters. Ruud has some m…"

David Meiland replied Apr 26, 2011 to Budget Water Heater efficiency upgrades - What works best?

6 May 2, 2011
Reply by Joseph Lamy

"Tom, this topic has been discussed a number of times at the JLC Online "Business Tec…"

David Meiland replied Apr 12, 2011 to CRM software-- any recommendations?

2 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by Abe J Degnan

"I don't know how simple this question is. There is data on weatherization outcomes a…"

David Meiland replied Apr 10, 2011 to Need Solar-v-Weatherization savings comparison graph

6 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by Tyson Pischel

"Dale, get your ground cover installed and sealed everywhere, and make sure surface w…"

David Meiland replied Apr 9, 2011 to Sealing crawlspaces and insulating them with polyurethane foam

16 May 13, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"George, one product for crawlspace VB is Dura-Skrim. I am very skeptical of spraying…"

David Meiland replied Apr 6, 2011 to Sealing crawlspaces and insulating them with polyurethane foam

16 May 13, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"As far as I know, all blower door is 50, duct is 25, and if you were doing duct to o…"

David Meiland replied Mar 30, 2011 to 2009 IECC Certificate Labels

4 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Jim Peck

"Take a look at this and see if it helps: http://energy.wsu.edu/Documents/Qtr_Sheet_W…"

David Meiland replied Mar 29, 2011 to 2009 IECC Certificate Labels

4 Mar 31, 2011
Reply by Jim Peck

"As far as I can tell, the intent of the BPI standard is to determine whether or not…"

David Meiland replied Mar 14, 2011 to Drilling through a flue pipe of a power-vented combustion appliance

17 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.  Home Energy Pros is sponsored by the Better Buildings Residential Network.

Latest Activity

Rick Karg replied to Carly@AirCycler's discussion The (Small) Cost of Ventilation Without Recovery
"As a member of the ASHRAE 62.2 committee (and president of Residential Energy Dynamics, the author…"
Friday
Bradford E. White replied to Elizabeth Guinn's discussion ERV in need of backflow preventer.
"I would use an in-line backdraft damper such as Artis Industries or the ones made by Fantech and…"
Thursday
Kim Tanner posted a video

Wireless Air Leakage Testing

This webinar will discuss the use of WiFi technology to conduct and document blower door and duct leakage tests for compliance with local energy codes. The s...
Thursday
Profile IconPerry Grossman, Daniel Pate and Ottawa Furnace Filters joined Home Energy Pros
Thursday
Kirsten Richnavsky added a discussion to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
Thumbnail

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
Thursday
Kirsten Richnavsky posted a discussion

Breaking the link between unhealthy homes and unhealthy kids

Listen in on IAQ Radio to a discussion on reducing the household triggers that cause asthmaattacks…See More
Thursday
Kim Tanner posted events
Thursday
Ottawa Furnace Filters posted a blog post

Some Useful Information about Furnace Air Filters

There is not much we can do about the air pollution outside of a house in Ottawa, Canada, but we…See More
Thursday

© 2015   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service