David Meiland's Discussions (144)

Discussions Replied To (127) Replies Latest Activity

"I think your approach is generally correct, but it sounds like you may be putting yo…"

David Meiland replied Dec 7, 2011 to Mold on exterior walls

10 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"I think you need to be very careful when dealing with "mold" (or is it a fungus, or…"

David Meiland replied Dec 7, 2011 to Mold on exterior walls

10 Dec 7, 2011
Reply by David Meiland

"fix the air leaks first in the attic & not just try to cover over them   +1 on t…"

David Meiland replied Nov 24, 2011 to Radiant barrier over blown in insulation

21 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

"If you really don't want to get a second blower door, get a length of flex duct and…"

David Meiland replied Nov 12, 2011 to Duct testing in a conditioned crawlspace

13 Nov 25, 2011
Reply by Ed Minch

"Not an answer to your question, but if you had a common compressor, wouldn't the bui…"

David Meiland replied Nov 10, 2011 to DHPs in MF projects

5 Nov 13, 2011
Reply by Pam Worner

"The utility here has installed smart meters for more than 95% of accounts. Apparentl…"

David Meiland replied Nov 8, 2011 to Smart Meters

12 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"What size are the rafters? With cellulose insulation you are going to need to instal…"

David Meiland replied Nov 7, 2011 to Dense pack cellulose in rafters

19 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

"The can lights are in the attic floor, you are asking about insulating the rafters,…"

David Meiland replied Nov 5, 2011 to Dense pack cellulose in rafters

19 Dec 22, 2011
Reply by Joseph Miuccio

"Agree that equipment from someone quitting business is a good choice. There are regu…"

David Meiland replied Aug 11, 2011 to Energystar V.3 Diagnostic Equipment

8 Aug 11, 2011
Reply by Marshall Newport

"There was a previous thread on this, I think, maybe 6 months ago?"

David Meiland replied Jun 23, 2011 to Aeroseal duct Sealant

10 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Luis Hernandez

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom White's 3 videos were featured
9 minutes ago
Jim Gunshinan's blog post was featured
10 minutes ago
Sharon Block's 3 events were featured
10 minutes ago
Tom White posted videos
18 minutes ago
Linda Wigington replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal I just spent more than an hour on a detailed response and lost when I decided to check the…"
41 minutes ago
Sharon Block posted events
52 minutes ago
Alice La Pierre replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Hello Kaushal, I understand your predicament, as I also have a house in Berkeley that I wanted to…"
54 minutes ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thanks Graham for that. It was also my belief that the cost difference between remodeling and doing…"
2 hours ago
Kaushal Bharath Raju replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Thanks Jim! I'll be sure to check that out."
2 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan replied to Kaushal Bharath Raju's discussion Affordability & Deep Energy Upgrade/Passive House Retrofit in Berkeley, California.
"Kaushal, My wife and I are doing something similar to our house in Walnut Creek (1951, 1,200 sf)…"
2 hours ago
Jim Gunshinan posted a blog post
3 hours ago
Linda Wigington commented on David Eggleton's group 1000 Home Challenge
"Great discussion in the general forum. Consider chiming…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service