David Meiland's Discussions (147)

Discussions Replied To (130) Replies Latest Activity

"Bud, you got cut off mid-sentence.... can you hear me now??"

David Meiland replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

9 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Bud is right on. Get a professional auditor to assess the building. Finding the righ…"

David Meiland replied Aug 23 to Advice for heating a 3-story Vermont home built in 1900?

9 Aug 24
Reply by Sean Lintow Sr

"Stephen, curious if you changed back and forth between #2 and #3 and got the same re…"

David Meiland replied Aug 6 to Which reading is more reliable on a Minneapolis Duct Blaster?

19 Aug 22
Reply by Paul Morin

"Duct blaster test?"

David Meiland replied Sep 9, 2013 to Underground ductwork

19 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Bob Blanchette

"I think the place to get your answer is inspectorsjournal.com . The guys there are e…"

David Meiland replied Aug 25, 2013 to Need Help Decoding a Couple of Nameplates

4 Aug 25, 2013
Reply by Om Builder & construction

"Did you observe the flame as the air handler started up? Did it remain stable, or ch…"

David Meiland replied Aug 20, 2013 to Extraordinarily High CO Reading on a Furnace Vent: 3950 PPM

6 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"We have a lot of heat pumps here, but there are often control issues so that the hea…"

David Meiland replied Jul 26, 2013 to Easy Tests for HVAC during audit

17 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

"Craig, do you typically see heat pumps, gas furnaces, A/C only, or what?"

David Meiland replied Jul 24, 2013 to Easy Tests for HVAC during audit

17 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by R Higgins

"I think you could do a passable job with a box fan, an anemometer, and a manometer."

David Meiland replied Jul 20, 2013 to Measuring moisture intrusion

6 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

"Someone smarter than me could calculate the rate of vapor diffusion through the vari…"

David Meiland replied Jul 20, 2013 to Measuring moisture intrusion

6 Jul 28, 2013
Reply by William H Nickerson

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Trip Smith joined Hal Skinner's group
Thumbnail

The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)

A group where energy professionals can learn about all the different energy saving aspects of…See More
29 minutes ago
Trip Smith commented on Diane Chojnowski's group Facebook Pages
"Just went through the first few pages liking the active Facebook pages. I've found that…"
30 minutes ago
Trip Smith joined Diane Chojnowski's group
Thumbnail

Facebook Pages

Does your company or organization have a Facebook Page?This group is for pros who have facebook…See More
52 minutes ago
Profile IconVictor Couto, Melvin Calahan, Mike Burton and 1 more joined Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Steven Lewis replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came out with…"
18 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Rinnai has application note on how to use their tankless hot water heater with a Rinnai water to…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service