Colin Genge's Discussions (9)

Discussions Replied To (8) Replies Latest Activity

"Actually engineering the flow would make sense. Maybe they need to attach the hood t…"

Colin Genge replied Apr 13 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21
Reply by Glen Gallo

"Even when gas stoves DO have exhaust fans they capture a small % of the combustion p…"

Colin Genge replied Apr 7 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21
Reply by Glen Gallo

"on a related note, Exhaust fans flow into a duct that offers 25 Pa of resistance say…"

Colin Genge replied Dec 20, 2013 to CAZ Depressurization: NOT a Big Deal?

19 Apr 21
Reply by Glen Gallo

"This duct system should be tight enough that it should not matter where you test it…"

Colin Genge replied Jan 3, 2013 to Duct Testing High Velocity Systems

2 Jan 10, 2013
Reply by Paul Morin

"If the cavities are that tight that their pressures don't move in step with the hous…"

Colin Genge replied Sep 5, 2012 to What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?

18 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Colin Genge

"If you don't have an Exhaust Fan Flow Meter, you could simply use a shoe box, cut a…"

Colin Genge replied Aug 30, 2012 to What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?

18 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Colin Genge

"flow is equal to the square root of the pressure drop. Square root of 49 is 7 and sq…"

Colin Genge replied Aug 22, 2012 to What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?

18 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Colin Genge

"Duct leaks are never "minor".  I see no reason whey they are not essentially air tig…"

Colin Genge replied Aug 20, 2012 to Any thoughts on the Aeroseal product?

15 Aug 23, 2012
Reply by Bob Blanchette

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Tom Conlon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"I just checked the site Guidelines Kurt, and any true "promotions" should be posted in…"
9 minutes ago
Tom Conlon posted a discussion

Whole House Fans - Love 'Em or Not?

I just searched this forum for "Whole House Fan", but I didn't find much about them (except …See More
36 minutes ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Don, Thank you for the praise! I only wish that some of these profiteers could answer my questions…"
3 hours ago
Richard Beyer replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"Todd, This report (attached link) below on poor people living in subsidized housing show's…"
3 hours ago
Mike Kandel added 4 discussions to the group Building Performance Institute (BPI)
5 hours ago
Mike Kandel posted discussions
5 hours ago
Nate Adams commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post My Energy Upgrade California—The Numbers Are In
"Jim, Glad to help! OK, a touch of soap box. So long as we don't tell people EE is free and…"
5 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Bob, Good idea. I see that you are a window energy reduction expert. You might consider adding…"
6 hours ago
Robert (Bob) Bacon commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Kurt, I would explain what energy/efficiency problem this device solves and explain the science the…"
6 hours ago
Ben Jacobs replied to Mike Kandel's discussion Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems
"I agree that in many homes the indoor air sucks.  However, a lot of this problem is caused…"
8 hours ago
Kurt Shafer commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Tom, thank you for your odd reference to a leaky duck. It is a bit off topic since I was not asking…"
9 hours ago
Tom Delconte commented on Kurt Shafer's blog post What is your opinion about members promoting products here?
"Shameless self promotion here sucks like a leaky duck!"
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service