Barbara Smith's Discussions (20)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"The only time I was present during dense packing of an attic with cellulose, people…"

Barbara Smith replied yesterday to Another benefit from air sealing

6 6 hours ago
Reply by Ben Jacobs

"See "Why Pay for Two Condensing Systems When One Will Do?" by Schoenbauer et al at:…"

Barbara Smith replied yesterday to Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace

8 9 hours ago
Reply by Christopher Talarico

"RIVEC is a project of the Lawrence Berkeley Lab.  It's a residential ventilation fan…"

Barbara Smith replied Jul 24 to Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems

22 Jul 28
Reply by Richard Beyer

"Interesting article, thanks.  I will stay tuned to what the scientific studies say a…"

Barbara Smith replied Jul 17 to Our Homes Suck – And That's Why Our Kids Have Sinus Problems

22 Jul 28
Reply by Richard Beyer

"This report has some numbers from the Wisconsin Weatherization Program. http://homee…"

Barbara Smith replied Mar 25 to Whole house air leakage

14 Apr 1
Reply by Ed Minch

"ENERGY STAR's web site has a savings calculator for Furnaces: http://www.energystar.…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 22, 2013 to Cycling Losses for Gas Furnaces

4 Nov 30, 2013
Reply by Jan E. Graveamker

"A more typical annual household natural gas heating bill here in WI would be more li…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 30, 2012 to Eliminating Standing Pilot Light Furnaces

13 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"We guessed that standing pilot light furnaces are not generally sold anymore.  If tr…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 29, 2012 to Eliminating Standing Pilot Light Furnaces

13 Dec 11, 2012
Reply by tedkidd

"Maybe we should check with the National Trust in the UK. Often palaces like this are…"

Barbara Smith replied Oct 15, 2012 to How would you makeover Downton Abbey?

22 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by William Reid

"Folks may be interested in this recent post on the WAPTAC blog: "GAO Releases Study…"

Barbara Smith replied Jan 26, 2012 to Nashville Weatherization Program Fraud?

18 Jan 26, 2012
Reply by Dale Sherman

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Walter Ahlgrim replied to James White's discussion What happened to Home Energy Pro's website?
"Try downloading Google Chrome web browser https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/ I had similar…"
2 hours ago
Stacy Hunt posted an event

Building America Webinar: Multifamily Ventilation Strategies and Compartmentalization Requirements at Virtual

September 24, 2014 from 3pm to 4:30pm
The Building America Program is hosting a no-cost, webinar-based training on Multifamily…See More
4 hours ago
Ben Jacobs replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"This is info I give to clients that I serve. People who live in homes that are not energy efficient…"
6 hours ago
Brennan Less replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Thanks Bud. I just feel the need to point out any such issues, because we as a field need to be…"
8 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Hi Brennan, "weak and irrational" is not at all what I was trying to communicate. …"
9 hours ago
Christopher Talarico replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Barbara, thanks for the info - this is some of the research I was interested in seeing. That report…"
9 hours ago
Brennan Less replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"I would love to see such matters discussed on this forum without broadly characterizing women as…"
9 hours ago
Eric Kjelshus commented on Christopher Morin's blog post Top 5 Changes to ACCA Manual S
"I run loads each day.  BUT my completion does not,    I see so much over sizing…"
10 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service