Barbara Smith's Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (20) Replies Latest Activity

"Yes. I remember Avi Friedman's Next Home that was a townhouse that you could reconfi…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23 to A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers

9 18 hours ago
Reply by Steven Lefler

"I understand that a "chimney balloon" is a common solution to this problem also, and…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23 to Fireplace drafts

11 on Wednesday
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"Maybe this thread name could be changed to something more descriptive like "Affordab…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23 to A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers

9 18 hours ago
Reply by Steven Lefler

"There's a good post on this site (Home Energy Pros) if you search on "Energy Disaggr…"

Barbara Smith replied Nov 23 to Big Data Analytics - Don't Believe the Hype

9 Nov 23
Reply by Barbara Smith

"What I have heard is that the presence of PACE in a jurisdiction has encouraged othe…"

Barbara Smith replied Aug 22 to Dear DOE, PACE sucks - please fix or make it go away...

3 Aug 22
Reply by Eric Kjelshus

"On a related note, OSHA has this Phone App to help crews anticipate and deal with h…"

Barbara Smith replied May 11, 2015 to cooling vests

9 May 17, 2015
Reply by Doug Krahl

"I had never heard of cooling vests until now.  Here is a comparison of some.  http:/…"

Barbara Smith replied May 6, 2015 to cooling vests

9 May 17, 2015
Reply by Doug Krahl

"Someone told me Naomi Klein's new book has a passage about how high energy prices dr…"

Barbara Smith replied Jan 2, 2015 to Take the truckload of chocolate away from the 5 year olds.

7 Jan 10, 2015
Reply by Pat Dundon

"Eliminating quarter sized holes can impede rats from entering a building, in areas w…"

Barbara Smith replied Aug 29, 2014 to Another benefit from air sealing

9 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

"The only time I was present during dense packing of an attic with cellulose, people…"

Barbara Smith replied Aug 27, 2014 to Another benefit from air sealing

9 Sep 4, 2014
Reply by tedkidd

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

Twitter

Latest Activity

Kelly replied to Colin Genge's discussion What is the value of using a pressure pan to test outlets?
"Hi Colin, I like using the pressure pans at outlets to guide my inspections once I'm in the…"
15 hours ago
Leo Klisch commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"It seems a bit wasteful to use NG for such a low temperature application as space heat. If a heat…"
15 hours ago
HomeWiz posted photos
16 hours ago
Kobus Niemand commented on Jim Gunshinan's blog post A Healthy Home and a Healthy Bottom Line
"Thanks for the download! Great paper,  Homes receiving EE can experience increases in radon…"
16 hours ago
Jan Green replied to Rob Madden's discussion DOE Home Energy Score
"Agreed Sandy on all counts!   HES and HERS will be confusing to everyone that doesn't…"
17 hours ago
Steven Lefler replied to David Eakin's discussion A Growing American Problem In Search Of Valid Answers
"Modular Lifestyles has developed proven Net Zero factory built as a modular or his HUD code…"
18 hours ago
Joshua Fletcher posted a blog post

Are low-E glass windows good to install on desert homes?

Energy Efficient Windows That Lower Energy BillsThe technology used in windows continues to deliver…See More
18 hours ago
tedkidd commented on Home Energy Magazine's blog post Natural Gas is Becoming Less Attractive
"We are taking people off of natural gas. It is making sense financially, and has unpriced health,…"
19 hours ago

© 2016   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service