John Brooks's Discussions (123)

Discussions Replied To (105) Replies Latest Activity

"Robert said  "In other words, the warm, less dense inside air is trying to lift the…"

John Brooks replied Sep 24, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012
Reply by Robert Riversong

"Robert said: "There is zero time lag between cold air falling into a warm container…"

John Brooks replied Sep 23, 2012 to The science of hot air rising

141 Sep 26, 2012

"sorry if this post is out of sequence   Robert said: "While moist air is less dense…"

John Brooks replied Sep 23, 2012 to Controlling Passive Air Flow

77 Sep 27, 2012

"Robert, I noticed that there are several "standards" which standard (temperature) do…"

77 Sep 27, 2012

"I appreciate the Julius Sumner Miller reference. Robert said: "The less dense (warme…"

77 Sep 27, 2012

"I think Temperature, Moisture and Density are Likely to Stratify ... Pressure WILL S…"

77 Sep 27, 2012

"I think I found what I was looking for Standard Temperature is zero degrees Celsius…"

77 Sep 27, 2012

"My comment was about Straube's formula [3] in BSD-014 the coefficient is based on st…"

John Brooks replied Sep 22, 2012 to Controlling Passive Air Flow

77 Sep 27, 2012

"At least the sidebar in John Straube's latest article is a little more "Bud Friendly…"

77 Sep 27, 2012

"Isn't the "14.696" assumption based on a certain temperature ?"

77 Sep 27, 2012

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"You might want to check out this discussion in my…"
3 hours ago
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"In this scenario the walls were made of R35 rigid foam. Even if ex-employee of big energy company…"
4 hours ago
Profile IconMary Patterson and Lisa Meaders joined Home Energy Pros
5 hours ago
Sean Lintow Sr replied to Kevin Jordan's discussion air infiltration total
"Sorry I don't have anything handy but pull a search for EqLA equivalent leakage…"
yesterday
Erik Henson commented on Andrew Navolio's blog post MEEA assists with Home Energy Certification programs
"It seems to me like we are trying to re-invent the wheel.  There are several available…"
Saturday
Egr renovations posted a status
Saturday
Craig Bird replied to Hal Skinner's discussion What this RCC will do on an exterior wall compared to standard paint. in the group The RCC Classroom (Radiant Control Coatings)
"Actually emissivity rating doesn't make much of a difference between coatings because almost…"
Saturday
Tom White posted videos
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service