Bud Poll's Discussions (503)

Discussions Replied To (451) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Pat, A good friend (business owner) once told me to avoid anything hot, as in a r…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 17 to The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

4 Feb 20
Reply by tedkidd

"Sorry to be so slow, but my numbers have been all over the place so having to fine t…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 17 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I believe the ASHRAE 70/75 also adjusts for internal gain, they just specify those t…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 16 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"@Bob, How do you input the HDD/gas use not being 1:1 in energy calculations? I haven…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 15 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Thanks Ben, I will definitely play with that. Bob, interesting to process actual dat…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 15 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Hi Bob, I was hoping some of the more mathematically capable would jump in here with…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 15 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"If you pull your HDD for 2012 and 2013 and compare them you will see a huge change,…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 14 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Hi Bob, There are many links for determining HDD.  This one allows you to compare di…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 14 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Hi Daniel, Trying to explain to a home owner what a thermal bypass is, is time consu…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 10 to In store displays

3 Feb 13
Reply by Michael Dunseith

"How many time have we heard a home owner speak poorly about the energy audit they re…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 7 to Smartphone Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera

12 Feb 13
Reply by Dennis Heidner

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"From my work in NY City many years ago, the critters I saw would never have fit through a quarter…"
2 minutes ago
Barbara Smith replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Eliminating quarter sized holes can impede rats from entering a building, in areas where rats tend…"
52 minutes ago
Casey Murphy is now a member of Home Energy Pros
1 hour ago
Walter Ahlgrim replied to James White's discussion What happened to Home Energy Pro's website?
"Try downloading Google Chrome web browser https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/ I had similar…"
17 hours ago
Stacy Hunt posted an event

Building America Webinar: Multifamily Ventilation Strategies and Compartmentalization Requirements at Virtual

September 24, 2014 from 3pm to 4:30pm
The Building America Program is hosting a no-cost, webinar-based training on Multifamily…See More
19 hours ago
Ben Jacobs replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"This is info I give to clients that I serve. People who live in homes that are not energy efficient…"
21 hours ago
Brennan Less replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Thanks Bud. I just feel the need to point out any such issues, because we as a field need to be…"
23 hours ago
Bud Poll replied to Bud Poll's discussion Another benefit from air sealing
"Hi Brennan, "weak and irrational" is not at all what I was trying to communicate. …"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service