Bud Poll's Discussions (505)

Discussions Replied To (453) Replies Latest Activity

"Bob, while we continue to sort out the rate of fuel consumption it seems clear so fa…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 18 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"The factor that levels out the swing in the numbers between record warm and cold sho…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 17 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Hi Pat, A good friend (business owner) once told me to avoid anything hot, as in a r…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 17 to The end of Innovation and beginning of Commoditization of Home Performance

4 Feb 20
Reply by tedkidd

"Sorry to be so slow, but my numbers have been all over the place so having to fine t…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 17 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"I believe the ASHRAE 70/75 also adjusts for internal gain, they just specify those t…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 16 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"@Bob, How do you input the HDD/gas use not being 1:1 in energy calculations? I haven…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 15 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Thanks Ben, I will definitely play with that. Bob, interesting to process actual dat…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 15 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Hi Bob, I was hoping some of the more mathematically capable would jump in here with…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 15 to Comparing energy cost break even points

11 Feb 28
Reply by Kurt Albershardt

"If you pull your HDD for 2012 and 2013 and compare them you will see a huge change,…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 14 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

"Hi Bob, There are many links for determining HDD.  This one allows you to compare di…"

Bud Poll replied Feb 14 to How to determine HDD's and "savings" from furnace upgrade

75 Mar 15
Reply by Steve Waclo

RSS

Home Energy Pros

Home Energy Pros was founded by the developers of Home Energy Saver Pro (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy,) and brought to you in partnership with Home Energy magazine.

Latest Activity

Steven Lewis replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"It looks better on paper than in real life applications.  Both Amana and Lennox came out with…"
15 hours ago
Dennis Heidner replied to Christopher Talarico's discussion Heating with Tankless Water Heater & Hydronic Air Handler vs. Gas Furnace
"Rinnai has application note on how to use their tankless hot water heater with a Rinnai water to…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"I found the buildingscience article interesting.  Interesting that they noted the wet bottom…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"With conduction that ends at the bottom of the joists and convection that is naturally suppressed…"
yesterday
Hal Skinner replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Good morning Bud, Took a quick look at the site and a couple others listed on the Yahoo…"
yesterday
Bud Poll replied to Hal Skinner's discussion How much heat energy is lost through the floor of a house?
"Hi Hal, Search "Basecalc basement heat loss".  From memory Canada (nrcan) has/had a…"
yesterday
Michael Dunseith posted photos
Saturday
"II just remembered seeing a report by a federal adency, many years ago, that basically said …"
Saturday

© 2014   Created by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service